NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
I'm thinking Wade/Boozer will be the result of this whole thing, guys.

I think this is looking like the realistic option at this point. We need Bosh to be signed and traded to Houston which really shuts the door on Wade to Miami.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
Get real Toronto. Take Deng & a draft pick and be happy that Bosh wants a S&T.

If they can't deal Hedo though, they have no need for Deng and his contract.

They desperately need a C on that team so they can move Bargnani to PF, hence the interest in Noah.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Yes, as long as it means we are getting both Wade and LeBron, or one of them and another top FA.

Yah, I think if Noah is the obstruction to obtaining Bosh+Wade or Bosh+Lebron you gotta trade him. Maybe you can get the Raptors to take Noah+Deng and then you can go out and get another few guys.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Yah, I think if Noah is the obstruction to obtaining Bosh+Wade or Bosh+Lebron you gotta trade him. Maybe you can get the Raptors to take Noah+Deng and then you can go out and get another few guys.

It's a thin line though. Bosh is a better player then Noah, but if you trade one for the other without a guarantee of Lebron or Wade, you're in a tough spot.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
It's a thin line though. Bosh is a better player then Noah, but if you trade one for the other without a guarantee of Lebron or Wade, you're in a tough spot.

If at the end of the day Bosh > Noah then even if the other guys don't come, your team is better than it was before the trade. I think I still do it. Rose + Bosh > Rose + Noah. Maybe next year we could make a run at Melo etc. . .

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
If you can get Bosh, do you trade Noah to Raptors?

If all it took was Noah AND we were getting one of Lebron/Wade, then yes. Then you're probably looking at dealing Deng for some depth. The deal with POR makes sense with Przybilla and Bayless if its Bosh and Lebron.

Rose/Bayless/Lebron/Bosh/Przybilla

Or the Deng for Okur deal and then go out and sign a SG and end up with Rose/FA/Lebron/Bosh/Okur.

If it's Wade/Bosh, you're looking at probably starting Asik, which I probably wouldn't have a problem with: Rose/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Asik.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Toronto's bluffing.

I am not sure that I agree. What does Toronto have to gain by accepting Luol Deng and his horrible contract? They might be better off just saving the cap space. It is f***ed up but Luol Deng + his contract might not be as valuable as just cap space.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
I'm thinking Wade/Boozer will be the result of this whole thing, guys.

I think we are getting Boozer. The question is who does the rest of our cap money go to, do we save it or sign random 1 year fits, or do we get LBJ or Wade?

I'm really curious to see what will happen. I think there is a good shot we strike out, but I am happy with the way the Bulls have handled this. We are the FA front runners for both LBJ and Wade (and when I say front-runners, I mean, of all the teams chasing these guys...not referring to the Heat and Cavs who clearly are still the frontrunners).

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
The more I think about it... the more I believe that Lebron will stay in Cleveland...

And if the only way Bosh is willing to come is via sign and trade (per recent articles that also suggest it would cost us Noah)...

I'm beginning to think it may not be a bad idea to make a pre-emptive strike (at the right price) for Boozer... and use the signing as further proof to Wade of our willingness to:

- Bring him in as 'the guy'

- Surround him with a better cast than Miami can deliver... even if they add Bosh

The thing I like about Boozer is we don't have to trade anyone for him and he's a pretty good 3rd piece next to Wade/Rose or LBJ/Rose. On top of it, it allows Wade or LBJ to be the true #1 and have his team. And can you imagine Boozer playing alongisde Taj/Noah. Those are two good defensive guys to have around him, plus Asik who, like Noah, projects much more as a defensive center (something Boozer can't be).

I really like that roster. Than the Bulls either move Deng for a 2 guard (if we get LBJ) or keep him (if we get Wade).

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
If you can get Bosh, do you trade Noah to Raptors?

If it means that we'll be getting LBJ as well, then yes.

You don't trade the heart of this team unless it's gonna win you multiple championships.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
jgoff670 Wade is holding the Bulls over MIA's head so S&T with Bosh can be pulled off. Beasley and Chalmers not playing in summer league games BTW.

23 minutes ago via web

If there was going to be a S&T with the Heat you would think it would have gone down already. Miami doesn't have much that the Raptors would want. I know it's better to get something for Bosh then let him leave for nothing, but, it still seems like Miami doesn't have the pieces.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
If there was going to be a S&T with the Heat you would think it would have gone down already. Miami doesn't have much that the Raptors would want. I know it's better to get something for Bosh then let him leave for nothing, but, it still seems like Miami doesn't have the pieces.

I think it has more to with Colangelo wanting more than Beasley. He's trying to play the "we have all the leverage" card and its not really working. All the reports say they want Noah if its Chicago but the Bulls won't budge. Who knows.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
I am not sure that I agree. What does Toronto have to gain by accepting Luol Deng and his horrible contract? They might be better off just saving the cap space. It is f***ed up but Luol Deng + his contract might not be as valuable as just cap space.

If Toronto takes too long, they get nothing. People think Bosh can't live without the extra $30 million, what's that supposed to mean? Sprewell can't feed his kids, now Chris Bosh can't either?

Bosh will find himself another contract later on, he doesn't need the extra $30 million, he would like to have it, but if Toronto's being too picky, Bosh might just say screw it.