5/17 Games

caulfield12

REALLY glad that Viciedo for the most part has alleviated a lot of the concerns I had about him just a month ago. The BB% is very disturbing, though. There's no way to spin 4 BB in 37 games at the AAA level into a positive. And I'm really getting worried about Jordan Danks. The K pace he's on is beyond embarrassing. This guy is nowhere near ML ready.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
REALLY glad that Viciedo for the most part has alleviated a lot of the concerns I had about him just a month ago. The BB% is very disturbing, though. There's no way to spin 4 BB in 37 games at the AAA level into a positive. And I'm really getting worried about Jordan Danks. The K pace he's on is beyond embarrassing. This guy is nowhere near ML ready.

And I thought Viciedo had a one-two year stint down there in AAA that would help the kid. I like Jordan taking walks (and the XBH), but when you are K'ing more than a power hitting who is also 3 years younger, that is not gonna help your chances.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
And I thought Viciedo had a one-two year stint down there in AAA that would help the kid. I like Jordan taking walks (and the XBH), but when you are K'ing more than a power hitting who is also 3 years younger, that is not gonna help your chances.

He's on a Mark Reynolds K pace with about 1.7% of the power. The only two untouchables in the system right now should be Flowers and Hudson. Hopefully word has gotten around the league of Danks' supposed stellar defense. I wouldn't have a problem at all if KW traded Danks or included him in a package to get an impact player (assuming we can get back in the race).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:14 AM)
The only two untouchables in the system right now should be Flowers and Hudson. Hopefully word has gotten around the league of Danks' supposed stellar defense. I wouldn't have a problem at all if KW traded Danks or included him in a package to get an impact player (assuming we can get back in the race).

We don't have any prospects on the untouchable level and we won't and shouldn't be buyers at the deadline anyway. The way Viciedo is hitting, you could argue he's on par with Hudson and Flowers. The walks aren't there, but he's 21 and showing almost as much power as Flowers while posting a much better contact rate.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:41 AM)
We don't have any prospects on the untouchable level and we won't and shouldn't be buyers at the deadline anyway. The way Viciedo is hitting, you could argue he's on par with Hudson and Flowers. The walks aren't there, but he's 21 and showing almost as much power as Flowers while posting a much better contact rate.

They're untouchable to me not because I think they're that good (good, not that good), but because of the fact we have nothing even close to ML ready at C or the SP department. If we do end up trading AJP, I'm not looking forward to a catching tandem of Castro/Lucy. Even if Freddy makes it through the whole year healthy, he's a temporary fix. And we still don't know what's going to happen with Danks. And like it or not, if the Sox can somehow get to even 5 games out before or right around the deadline, Kenny is going to make a move.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:43 PM)
Birmingham won 2-1.

Dale Mollenhauer, who has been on a tear in the last week, drove home the winning run with a single in the bottom of the 10th.

Buck Coats went 3-3.

Had to leave an inning before, it was bath time and bed time for baby.