Put Blackwood in! who's with me?

BrenBlackwood

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 20, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
RHP Brandon Kloess was added to the Dash roster from Kannapolis.

Hopefully another Alabama native makes it to the Barons, though in his case.. pushing all the way to Charlotte.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 20, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)
Chase Blackwood has been reassigned, where I don't know, but Kanny has 2 open roster spots as of now. RHP Brandon Kloess was added to the Dash roster from Kannapolis.

He's going back to AZ for right now ...after that i have NO CLUE!!

It's basically just a guessing game for him at this point. Ahhh ..hope he just keeps his head up and stays patient!

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ May 20, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
He's going back to AZ for right now ...after that i have NO CLUE!!

It's basically just a guessing game for him at this point. Ahhh ..hope he just keeps his head up and stays patient!

You should tell him how big of a fanbase he has now that you brought him to all of our attention :lolhitting

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 20, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
You should tell him how big of a fanbase he has now that you brought him to all of our attention :lolhitting

I'm not sure his fan base is any bigger ..people don't really seem to be on his side!! lol

I don't care though, I'm always going to support my favorite catcher and you better believe I'll be right behind any naysayers and half story tellers, with the truth and the full story. GOOD and BAD. ..I'm a fan, but I'm not delusional ..i see when he messes up, but I support him anyway!! :)

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ May 20, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
I'm not sure his fan base is any bigger ..people don't really seem to be on his side!! lol

I don't care though, I'm always going to support my favorite catcher and you better believe I'll be right behind any naysayers and half story tellers, with the truth and the full story. GOOD and BAD. ..I'm a fan, but I'm not delusional ..i see when he messes up, but I support him anyway!! :)

We're very happy to have you aboard...

And happy to learn more about Chase.

We're very interested in and supportive of our minor league players.

So please keep posting! :)

QUOTE (scenario @ May 20, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
We're very happy to have you aboard...

And happy to learn more about Chase.

We're very interested in and supportive of our minor league players.

So please keep posting! :)

Thank you very much, i really appreciate that!!

I absolutely will keep posting ...nothing makes me happier than talking about Chase Blackwood! lol

..even when it is the bad news. :)

He'll probably play in Great Falls, they start playing in about a month. There are only two other catchers in the system that aren't assigned right now and that is Robert Vaughn and Dylan Tonneson, so Chase should be starting for the Voyagers.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ May 20, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
My apologies, but idk what that means!! lmao :D

Go to this link. It's for the section of the board called "Adopt a Prospect".

Here you can add a player that you want to "adopt"... add info about, etc.

The person who adopts a player is responsible to update information about them on occasion.

You'll be able to see other examples.

Go ahead and add Chase if you'd like.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 20, 2010 -> 06:06 PM)
Go to this link. It's for the section of the board called "Adopt a Prospect".

Here you can add a player that you want to "adopt"... add info about, etc.

The person who adopts a player is responsible to update information about them on occasion.

You'll be able to see other examples.

Go ahead and add Chase if you'd like.

Ohhhh, I'm on it!!!

Thank You so much, that's cool!!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see Chase back in Great Falls as the starting catcher. He is a solid defensive catcher and I think his offense would come around if he got steady at bats. Last year and so far this year he hasn't seen any steady swings. He's my fav White Sox catcher, my kids threw out the opening pitch for a Voyagers game and Chase was the catcher. So he's the only pro catcher to catch my kids.

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ May 29, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
I'd love to see Chase back in Great Falls as the starting catcher. He is a solid defensive catcher and I think his offense would come around if he got steady at bats. Last year and so far this year he hasn't seen any steady swings. He's my fav White Sox catcher, my kids threw out the opening pitch for a Voyagers game and Chase was the catcher. So he's the only pro catcher to catch my kids.

Chase will probably be back in GF this season, nothing for sure yet though, it'll be about a week before he knows for sure! He has been getting more AB's in extended and got a homerun and a double in saturdays game ..so it's definitely helping!

Chase loves his fans, especially the kids!! He's not happy and doesn't consider it a good day in baseball unless he gets to make a kid smile! Even when he was in W-S and not playing, the first thing he was always talking about was some kid he gave a ball or bat to, or let them wear his glove ..that's his real passion!

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ May 31, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
Chase will probably be back in GF this season, nothing for sure yet though, it'll be about a week before he knows for sure! He has been getting more AB's in extended and got a homerun and a double in saturdays game ..so it's definitely helping!

Chase loves his fans, especially the kids!! He's not happy and doesn't consider it a good day in baseball unless he gets to make a kid smile! Even when he was in W-S and not playing, the first thing he was always talking about was some kid he gave a ball or bat to, or let them wear his glove ..that's his real passion!

Its nice to see athletes who care about the fans, so do you know if the plan is for him to be the starter at Great Falls?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 31, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
Its nice to see athletes who care about the fans, so do you know if the plan is for him to be the starter at Great Falls?

If he goes to GF more than likely he will be starting, but nothing is definite in baseball...anything could happen!

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ May 31, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
If he goes to GF more than likely he will be starting, but nothing is definite in baseball...anything could happen!

Whether or not Blackwood starts at GF is probably dictated by the draft. If the Sox draft 2 or more catchers in the mid-upper rounds, then Blackwood will probably be out of luck.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 05:45 AM)
Whether or not Blackwood starts at GF is probably dictated by the draft. If the Sox draft 2 or more catchers in the mid-upper rounds, then Blackwood will probably be out of luck.

Every time someone on here says something even slightly less than supportive of Chase, something great happens for him!! I LOVE IT!! ...like i said, "anything could happen" aka there is a possibility that he may not be starting, it doesn't matter though, the coaches there already know and like him ..he will see plenty of playing time!!

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Every time someone on here says something even slightly less than supportive of Chase, something great happens for him!! I LOVE IT!! ...like i said, "anything could happen" aka there is a possibility that he may not be starting, it doesn't matter though, the coaches there already know and like him ..he will see plenty of playing time!!

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the guy, and if he gets the opportunity then I hope he does well. I'm just letting you know, the way the Rookie league teams work, they are generally filled this way... Bristol has the less polished draftees and NDFA's (high schoolers or minimal college, or guys like Dubler who they know need more work), and GF gets the college-seasoned draftees or guys who are "graduating" from Bristol the previous year and are still too raw (or blocked) for A Ball. So if the Sox only draft one catcher (or none) - and assuming Gonzalez isn't demoted to GF to get more work in (since he has struggled in A Ball and is still young) - then Blackwood would indeed seem to be the best choice.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the guy, and if he gets the opportunity then I hope he does well. I'm just letting you know, the way the Rookie league teams work, they are generally filled this way... Bristol has the less polished draftees and NDFA's (high schoolers or minimal college, or guys like Dubler who they know need more work), and GF gets the college-seasoned draftees or guys who are "graduating" from Bristol the previous year and are still too raw (or blocked) for A Ball. So if the Sox only draft one catcher (or none) - and assuming Gonzalez isn't demoted to GF to get more work in (since he has struggled in A Ball and is still young) - then Blackwood would indeed seem to be the best choice.

I understand how everything works!! lol ...and i wasn't trying to come off as rude, so you have my apologies if i did. I know there are a lot of politics when it comes to the "behind the scenes" of baseball ..I also know that things always seem to work out for Blackwood ..whatever happens, he'll be ok with it. He's a "go with the flow" kind of guy!! He'll do whatever they tell him to do and he'll do it to the best of his ability ..he's a hard worker even if he's not doing what he would have preferred to have been doing!!

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
I think girlslikebaseball brings the most enthusiasm to the board more than anyone else. Last time we saw anyone have this much excitement about anything with our minor leagues was back in 08/09 with Beckham.

You may call me Bren! lol

I think I'm going to take that as a compliment!! :D

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)

ALSO ... I was thinking about this and it's not unlikely that they would send Gonzalez to Bristol for more work if they feel he needs it. I mean, he is one of their top prospects and he wouldn't be there for long ..it would save the organization money if they did send him to Bristol instead of way out to Montana ..it just seems to me that GF wouldn't be the better option out of the two if they are going to demote him. ...BUT you never know.