2010 MLB Draft Catch All

Chisoxfn

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
Grandal? Where did the hell did this come from? I think he's a stud. I just never thought he'd be on the Sox radar. Would drafting him speak volumes negatively towards the long-term future of Flowers?

They could always move Flowers to 1B/DH, but I don't know/think if his bat would translate, but then again.. this is our org. so it isn't THAT much in question, but right now Flowers has some issues he (and the org.) need to fix.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
IMO, yes. Phegley as well.

Phegley's future is already in question with or without the Grandal pick.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
Grandal? Where did the hell did this come from? I think he's a stud. I just never thought he'd be on the Sox radar. Would drafting him speak volumes negatively towards the long-term future of Flowers?

I think the Sox could play it off as simply taking the best player available. Assuming Flowers gets back on track in the next two weeks, he'll have roughly 2 1/2 years to cement his name as the franchise catcher before he has to worry about Grandal.

I'm going to have to concur with Fathom on Barret Loux. The results were good, but I would rather not have the Sox draft him at 13. His fastball was often 88 or lower and fairly straight, and his curveball was all over the place. He did have a nice change and threw a few good two-seam fastballs, but I have a hard time seeing him miss bats with the same kind of regularity in the pros. I suppose it's possible the gun was a bit slow, but FIU did get some solid swings on the fastball.

Workman only working 88-90 in the 2nd. Command was a little off too as he was missing up. Did get a strikeout on a good slow curve though and froze another batter with a harder curve. Had a couple of nice cutters in there as well.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
Workman only working 88-90 in the 2nd. Command was a little off too as he was missing up. Did get a strikeout on a good slow curve though and froze another batter with a harder curve. Had a couple of nice cutters in there as well.

Since you seem to be subscription king, what does Callis have for the White Sox in the new mock?

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)

I missed the first 3 innings, but he didn't even hit 90 in the 4th. That's quite a ways off from the scouting reports isn't it?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)
I missed the first 3 innings, but he didn't even hit 90 in the 4th. That's quite a ways off from the scouting reports isn't it?

Not really, a lot of reports have said he's 89-91. I'm not impressed with him at all from what I've seen. Wojo at least has two plus pitches.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 01:27 AM)

Yeah he's supposed to be more 91-93. Could just be an inaccurate gun though. He had the cutter working pretty well at least

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 12:51 AM)
Lets say Ranaudo or Wilson magically falls to the in the second round, would the Sox take a flyer on one, even with signability?.

Nope..they won't fall that far with the Red Sox and Blue Jays lurking

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
Brentz would be a very good pick, but it just seems so likely that the Sox will take a college starting pitcher.

I keep trying to convince myself the sox might take the best player available, if that is a position player, but I keep going back to college pitcher they would take. Still not a doubt in my mind we are going that route.