2010 MLB Draft Catch All

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
Hopefully someone like Brentz is so high up on their board, they can't pass him up.

Brentz is hardly a stud though. He's seen as a "safe" college hitter with moderate upside.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 07:09 PM)
Brentz is hardly a stud though. He's seen as a "safe" college hitter with moderate upside.

I keep hearing comparisons to Braun and Markakis, his college career has had its ups and downs, but I ‘d argue that his ceiling is pretty respectable.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
I keep hearing comparisons to Braun and Markakis, his college career has had its ups and downs, but I 'd argue that his ceiling is pretty respectable.

And a few injuries this season slowed him down.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
Nice two way-player. I can't decide whether i'd want him to pitch or hit. Any thoughts?

Sox would probably want him to pitch, but there's some that think he's a first round talent on offense now.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 12:17 AM)
Nice two way-player. I can't decide whether i'd want him to pitch or hit. Any thoughts?

I'd take him on the mound. Too many K's at the plate. Nice power though.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
According to Merkin, White Sox prepare to draft signable college pitcher and then tell fan-base that's he's an impact type.

I guess our franchise wants to transform into the Baltimore Orioles of the AL Central. I am so glad that we have Lance Broadway III waiting in the wings.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
I guess our franchise wants to transform into the Baltimore Orioles of the AL Central. I am so glad that we have Lance Broadway III waiting in the wings.

Let's just hope whoever we draft doesn't get interviewed by Hawk and Stone and say that he loves to backdoor guys.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Does Workman even have any plus pitches? At least Wojo has two plus pitches and durability.

His curve is pretty decent. Assuming that this organization can perfect his cutter that has some potential too.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
Let's just hope whoever we draft doesn't get interviewed by Hawk and Stone and say that he loves to backdoor guys.

This f***ing team makes it hard to like it from an organizational standpoint at times.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 12:24 AM)
Does Workman even have any plus pitches? At least Wojo has two plus pitches and durability.

Curve is plus. Some have it as plus-plus. Cutter may have plus potential too. It certainly looked good when I watched him.

Workman's 6'5", 225. That's not a durable frame?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 12:28 AM)
Robbie Aviles has some pretty bad timing just went down with a partial tear of a ligament in his elbow.

It may not affect him too much though. Teams don't seem to worry about those elbow injuries so much any more. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go top 5 rounds still and get paid a good chunk of change.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)

Ha I remember that quote too. Typical

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
Curve is plus. Some have it as plus-plus. Cutter may have plus potential too. It certainly looked good when I watched him.

Workman's 6'5", 225. That's not a durable frame?

Durability with the fastball, I meant.

Here's a Workman scouting report from MLB.com

Fastball: Workman throws his fastball in the 90-95 mph range. He throws a two- and four-seamer.

Fastball movement: He has plus movement -- late sink with bore on the two-seamer and riding life on the four-seamer.

Cutter: It's a plus pitch.

Curve: He has an average curve ball and he commands it well.

Changeup: He's got a good feel for his changeup.

Control: He has good command and pitches ahead in the count.

Poise: He's always on an even keel and has a competitive, bulldog mentality.

Physical Description: Workman has a Kerry Wood-type body.

Medical Update: Healthy.

Strengths: Strong mix of pitches, good command, excellent competitiveness on the mound.

Weaknesses: While he's durable, he has reliever mechanics with a little bit of effort.

Edited by Thunderbolt