2010 MLB Draft Catch All

Chisoxfn

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 02:42 AM)
Deck is way better than those guys. Harvey seems like a lock for Arizona right now. Keep in mind that the guy on fanhouse yesterday seemed 100 percent sure the Sox wouldn't take McGuire.

Yep. Unfortunately any "safe" arm is going to be compared to Broadway/McCulloch because, well, it's easy.

I've been watching a lot of Stetson Allie videos and damn does that kid have stuff. At this point i'm pretty resigned to Brandon Workman though. I see his upside as a number #3 starter. He wouldn't look awful following Danks, Floyd, and Hudson in a rotation.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)
I've been watching a lot of Stetson Allie vidoes and damn does that kid have stuff. At this point i'm pretty resigned to Brandon Workman though. I see his upside as a number #3 starter. He wouldn't look awful following Danks, Floyd, and Hudson in a rotation.

Allie's videos look amazing. Bad feeling the Cubs will take him. I'd take Allie over any of the pitchers we're rumored to be interested in.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Allie's videos look amazing. Bad feeling the Cubs will take him. I'd take Allie over any of the pitchers we're rumored to be interested in.

Ain't that the truth. He's got a great arm.

Sickels final mock:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/6/4/15...inal-mock-draft

Doesn't sound like he's received tons of inside information, so take it for what it's worth.

I like Eibner and think he could be a fine starter with some upside if he indeed takes the mound. I don't think he's worthy of the 13th selection though. I'd like the pick just fine if the Sox were picking in the 20ish range.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
Law has us taking Wojo. BTW, B. Loux is pitching on ESPNU right now. Count me out as unimpressed.

Shocking. You dislike someone the White Sox are interested in. Even if they ended up with Bryce Harper you'd probbaly find a way to b**** about it.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
Shocking. You dislike someone the White Sox are interested in. Even if they ended up with Bryce Harper you'd probbaly find a way to b**** about it.

What the heck? When it comes to the draft, I'm much more optimistic. I was all over Beckham and Mitchell the last two seasons, in a good way.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)

How many of these college players do you/we actually get to see play? I doubt anyone on here has seen Loux pitch, and after seeing him in the first inning, all I was saying is that I hope Workman/Wojo are better than he is (especially given his injury background).

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)

Like it or not, Sox fans are going to be skeptical when it comes to the draft. And they have every right to be. This organization, along with the Astros, have been the two most inept in every way imaginable the last 10+ years in this department.

Anyone else see the interview with Deshields Jr. on ESPN2 this morning? Not exactly the most exciting public speaker. They asked him why he is excited to play professional baseball, and he said it's all about the money.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
How many of these college players do you/we actually get to see play? I doubt anyone on here has seen Loux pitch, and after seeing him in the first inning, all I was saying is that I hope Workman/Wojo are better than he is (especially given his injury background).
Nothing like basing an opinion on all of 1 inning pitched.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
Nothing like basing an opinion on all of 1 inning pitched.

Well, considering he'd be an overdraft at #13, and then watching his fastball getting squared up easily with pretty mediocre offspeed pitches....why not? They say his fastball is his calling card, but it didn't look faster than 91 or 92 mph. If we were picking 30th and supposedly interested in him, then that's a different story.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
What the heck? When it comes to the draft, I'm much more optimistic. I was all over Beckham and Mitchell the last two seasons, in a good way.

I must have forgotten those two instances. It just seems that you enjoy bashing the Sox to the point where you'd almost rather see them lose just so you have something negative to say. But hey, maybe it's just me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
Anyone else see the interview with Deshields Jr. on ESPN2 this morning? Not exactly the most exciting public speaker. They asked him why he is excited to play professional baseball, and he said it's all about the money.

At least he's honest. I can respect that.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
I must have forgotten those two instances. It just seems that you enjoy bashing the Sox to the point where you'd almost rather see them lose just so you have something negative to say. But hey, maybe it's just me.

Well, as the moderator of the futuresox board, I would have thought you'd remember me leading the praise of Beckham during the College World Series (unless of course if you weren't around much then, which is totally understandable). Due to the awfulness of the Sox 3 of the last 4 years, I've actually enjoyed during draft research a lot more than I used to.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
I will say this much, you guys have gotten me pretty amped up (although I ultimately expect to be disappointed) for Monday. Nice to have something to look forward to with the way the team is performing. Good conversation all-around.

The thing that I've really liked about the Beckham and Mitchell picks the last two years is that it seems the Sox drafted the best player available at the slot, regardless of position. I hope we're not too focused on drafting "a college pitcher" to pass up on talented players with significantly higher ceilings.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)

Right theory, wrong poster. There's definitely a few around here that I think get a kick out of the Sox struggles. But fathom ain't one of them.