Angels @ White Sox 5/19/10 Game Thread!

hogan873

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
I've seen enough. I'm not really anti-Walker. But a change needs to be made. It's one thing when a career scrub save one season like Mark Teahen sucks. But what's happened to CQ, Ramirez and Beckham is unacceptable.

Agreed, even if it turn out to be a scapegoat someone needs to be held accountable for what's happening with our offense.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
I've seen enough. I'm not really anti-Walker. But a change needs to be made. It's one thing when a career scrub save one season like Mark Teahen sucks. But what's happened to CQ, Ramirez and Beckham is unacceptable.

I agree with you but Ramirez sits there like the rest of them and swings as hard as they can hoping to run into one. Somebody needs to talk about cutting down your swing ............somebody

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Agreed, even if it turn out to be a scapegoat someone needs to be held accountable for what's happening with our offense.

One guy had a legitimate chance for the MVP; another was 2nd in the ROY voting and the other was basically an overnight sensation last year. I've never seen such a drastic fall by 3 guys on the same team in such a short amount of time.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
One guy had a legitimate chance for the MVP; another was 2nd in the ROY voting and the other was basically an overnight sensation last year. I've never seen such a drastic fall by 3 guys on the same team in such a short amount of time.

'And to think KW laughed in Johns face for not taking the stupid offer he threw at him last year. Danks should become penpals with Greinke....

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 20, 2010 -> 03:43 AM)

This organization is in a lot of trouble right now. I don't care if we lose every game the rest of the way, as long as Beckham/Quentin start turning it around.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
This organization is in a lot of trouble right now. I don't care if we lose every game the rest of the way, as long as Beckham/Quentin start turning it around.

The only member of our young offensive core that's producing is Rios. If this holds up we're in deep s***.

I watched the last inning or so.

Sox had their chances. 3-2 with man on base. CQ pops up to center and Lexi with the pathetic whiff. That one pitch was a meatball that he fouled off. The pitch he struck out on? Who knows, but he was overmatched.

Same old story. No offense.

Teams should never lose at home when they get pitching like that. Only the White Sox. This time Nix with the horrific defensive play. And no hitting.

90 losses or more?

It's almost June and CQ and Lexi fail at the plate. No excuses for them. Bad baseball you two.

Edited by greg775

I don't think there is another organization in baseball that would have stood pat like this with the GM, coaching staff, and players. Greg Walker should be fired...he should have been gone years ago. That championship in 2005 was great, but the blind loyalty it's creating now is hurting this team.

I don't think there is another organization in baseball that would have stood pat like this with the GM, coaching staff, and players.

I wouldn't say they stuck with everybody. Dye, Thome, Crede, Uribe, Pods, Garland, Contreras, et. all, there are others are long gone.

Most teams probably would have fired the batting coach by now.

I doubt teams with similar postseason history as Chicago would have fired the manager by now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2010 -> 03:07 AM)
I wouldn't say they stuck with everybody. Dye, Thome, Crede, Uribe, Pods, Garland, Contreras, et. all, there are others are long gone.

Most teams probably would have fired the batting coach by now.

I doubt teams with similar postseason history as Chicago would have fired the manager by now.

Jeez Greg, do you get royalties every time you mention the Sox won the WS? At what point do you move on? When complete apathy sets in?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
We hear that all the time. Either get tougher players, or find a manager/hitting coach that can relax the guys. I'm sick of hearing that f***ing excuse.

Screw Walker. Screw Ozzie. Fire them both already.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Hitless game for the bust brothers (Beckham and Quentin)

I remember when some people used to call Quentin "god" and some thought Beckham was some kind of savior. LOL! Screw Quentin. Screw Beckham. And screw Teahen too while we're at it.

And if KW doesn't bring in a bona fide third baseman and a stud DH, screw the 2010 White Sox.

Jeez Greg, do you get royalties every time you mention the Sox won the WS? At what point do you move on? When complete apathy sets in?

I thought I did a good job of countering his point that the Sox haven't moved on since the title. They've gotten rid of a ton of players from that team. He said they haven't moved on at all. I said they have a lot. As far as the manager, you know where I stand on him.