Quentin 0/4 w/ BB

Ramirez 2/11 w/ BB (.182)

Beckham 0/3 w/ K

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, every radio show this week and the Sunday sports shows were talking about Ozzie being on the hot seat this past week.

I include radio shows as the radical fringe. What Sunday sports shows? Both also generally tend to be the Mariotti-ish fire everybody, play the backup quarterback, run the offensive coordinator out of town. They are not representative of the regular fan. I think I know somebody in the business said 3 percent of all radio talk show listeners call in.

It's like this board. Whoopie. We have the voice of 25 fans on here? How many post regularly? 20 or so who bleed over every pitch. Not even 12,000 to 15,000 which would constitute a bad crowd at the Cell.

But if the whole city wants Ozzie fired then I guess the mob mentality wins over.

Times certainly have changed quickly when most everybody is happy Beckham is batting ninth.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
I include radio shows as the radical fringe. What Sunday sports shows? Both also generally tend to be the Mariotti-ish fire everybody, play the backup quarterback, run the offensive coordinator out of town. They are not representative of the regular fan. I think I know somebody in the business said 3 percent of all radio talk show listeners call in.

It's like this board. Whoopie. We have the voice of 25 fans on here? How many post regularly? 20 or so who bleed over every pitch. Not even 12,000 to 15,000 which would constitute a bad crowd at the Cell.

But if the whole city wants Ozzie fired then I guess the mob mentality wins over.

Times certainly have changed quickly when most everybody is happy Beckham is batting ninth.

Greg, are you even watching? Beckham has been batting under .200 for about a month now, and he doesnt look any better now than he did before. We are happy he is batting 9th because we want him to get better and return to the 2 hole.

And if you think this board is not representative of the regular white sox fan, well I dont know what to tell you. This is a passionate board, both negatively and positively, the problem is that the Sox have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this year to warrant any positive spin on the season. And this is coming from a Glass Half Full guy.

Get with it Greg, unless the Sox start earning that 100 million dollar payroll, there will be changes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)

Have you ever thought that maybe you're in the minority of wanting Ozzie to stay as a manager? I'm not say you're right or wrong, but it's pretty naive to think that only one's opinion is correct. I'll be the first person to suggest that my belief that Ozzie needs to go for the improvement of this organization could be flawed. All I go by is the results on the field, and we're heading for 3 out of 4 absolutely awful seasons.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
Greg, are you even watching? Beckham has been batting under .200 for about a month now, and he doesnt look any better now than he did before. We are happy he is batting 9th because we want him to get better and return to the 2 hole.

And if you think this board is not representative of the regular white sox fan, well I dont know what to tell you. This is a passionate board, both negatively and positively, the problem is that the Sox have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this year to warrant any positive spin on the season. And this is coming from a Glass Half Full guy.

Get with it Greg, unless the Sox start earning that 100 million dollar payroll, there will be changes.

I was actually impressed when I went to a game 2 weeks ago with the fans who were booing Pierre after his very first AB of grounding out to 2nd base.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
we're heading for 3 out of 4 absolutely awful seasons.

You counted last year as "Absolutely awful"?

We hung pretty close to .500 most of the year despite hundreds of at bats trying to develop Fields, Getz, Anderson, etc., and we might well have had a shot at the division had Quentin's foot not gone out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)
You counted last year as "Absolutely awful"?

We hung pretty close to .500 most of the year despite hundreds of at bats trying to develop Fields, Getz, Anderson, etc., and we might well have had a shot at the division had Quentin's foot not gone out.

We finished 7.5 games back the year after making the playoffs in spectacular fashion. It was bad, really bad. Furthermore, the best parts of last year Buehrle perfecto, Floyd's continued progression, and Beckhams rise have been (somewhat) mitigated early this year by poor performances.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
We finished 7.5 games back the year after making the playoffs in spectacular fashion. It was bad, really bad. Furthermore, the best parts of last year Buehrle perfecto, Floyd's continued progression, and Beckhams rise have been (somewhat) mitigated early this year by poor performances.

So in other words, last year wasn't really awful, it only looks really awful because the bright spots of last year have winked out.