Angels @ White Sox 5/19/10 Game Thread!

hogan873

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
You counted last year as "Absolutely awful"?

We hung pretty close to .500 most of the year despite hundreds of at bats trying to develop Fields, Getz, Anderson, etc., and we might well have had a shot at the division had Quentin's foot not gone out.

Yes, and so did Kenny Williams. Him and JR vowed to not have another year like last season.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
I had not heard that. Are there authenticated quotes?

Yeah, Hunter dug himself a deeper hole trying to get out of them. I don't think he's racist, just an idiot who needs to think before he talks.

Hawk, all pitchers find their rhythm when they face our pathetic abortion of an offense. Hopefully they can get past the fact that the pitcher is using his left hand. Pretend he isn't scary, all lefty and stuff like that.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 19, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
Yeah, Hunter dug himself a deeper hole trying to get out of them. I don't think he's racist, just an idiot who needs to think before he talks.

Read the link from the post up above. Had not heard of this. Thank you for the background.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 20, 2010 -> 02:12 AM)
We're not even homering anymore. One homerun on the road trip.

It was bound to happen once Konerko and Jones cooled off. The two have combined for a homer a piece over last 13 games.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
It was bound to happen once Konerko and Jones cooled off. The two have combined for a homer a piece over last 13 games.

Was holding out hope that CQ or somebody would get the homerun stroke while they were having power outages.