5/19 Games

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 19, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
19th inning.

Crazy, crazy game. :)

Man at this rate, guys like Short, Gilmore, etc.. will return back to normal average wise. Geez, alot of 0-for or 1-fors with all the accumulated ABs.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
Hate to say it, but your boy Blackwood has been awful. 0-8... 6 SO he also has a throwing error on a pickoff attempt that nearly cost W-S the game.

Good news is W-S tied the game again 3-3 from Justin Greene's single earlier in the 14th I believe. :)

Don't forget the two times he did catch a runner stealing "that throw was beautiful, by catcher, Chase Blackwood" i believe were the exact words used by Alex Vispoli to describe the throw to 2nd base for the first CS. I have been listening to the game from the very beginning, i KNOW he's suckin it up offensively ..i'm not retarded :) ...but he's doing fine defensively DESPITE the error.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
Don't forget the two times he did catch a runner stealing "that throw was beautiful, by catcher, Chase Blackwood" i believe were the exact words used by Alex Vispoli to describe the throw to 2nd base for the first CS. I have been listening to the game from the very beginning, i KNOW he's suckin it up offensively ..i'm not retarded :) ...but he's doing fine defensively DESPITE the error.

You are correct. BTW, he is up with runners on 2nd and 3rd 2 outs in the 20th inning. :D

HOLY s***! BLACKWOOD WINS THE GAME! 4-3 20 innings! They are celebrating like crazy!

1-9 for Blackwood.... and he makes his first hit in a Dash uniform count.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Kyle Shelton did it all. He played 2B, LF AND pitched for the Dash.

1 IP 1 H 0 R.

Not to mention went 3-8, HR, RBI, 2 R BB, (though 4 SO) Nice job all around for the kid.

absolutely! great job by all the guys ..they all deserve a good nights sleep for sure!

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
The Dash played 29 innings and two games today.

yeah!! you know they all have to be extremely exhausted! ..when i play a couple hours with my sisters, i'm beat for like 3 days ...i can't imagine how these guys feel!

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
DASH WIN 4-3 in 20 innings! CHASE BLACKWOOD WITH A WALKOFF SINGLE!!!!!!!!!!!

The term walkoff single always makes me laugh, because it seems so...unimpressive but at the same time, impressive.

Congrats to Blackwood.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
I know what you meant. I don't believe Jordan Danks was the hold up in any proposed deal with the Padres. Like I said the other day, I just hope word of his supposed stellar defense has gotten out around the league.

He's making adjustments to his swing, much like Flowers, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he is struggling. I'll be more interested to see his splits throughout the season and see if he gets a better feel and starts raking again.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2010 -> 07:35 AM)
He's making adjustments to his swing, much like Flowers, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he is struggling. I'll be more interested to see his splits throughout the season and see if he gets a better feel and starts raking again.

He may be making adjustments, but he is just having a terrible season. No other way to describe it. He is showing no power despite playing in a bandbox of a ball park. He is showing an atrocious K-rate. And he has a sub-.700 OPS. I know I have become somewhat of a curmudgeon when it comes to White Sox prospects, but Danks will never amount to anything more than a replacement-level player in the Major Leagues.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 19, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
One more appearance and he's gone.

Actually, I bet he'll be sent packing in about 10 days when OF Miguel Negron is eligible to come off suspension. Charlotte needs another outfielder with De Aza on the DL.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:00 PM)
I didn't even realize Gregory Infante is closing now. Pretty good season for the Dash.

I'd like to see Bellamy up in Birmingham soon too. He's got that side arm thing going.

W-S is going closer-by-committee: Infante, Remenowsky, and occasionally Bellamy. The combined line of those three relievers in that 20 inning affair: 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 9 K.

One of Bellamy or Remenowsky will get promoted to AA during the season, I'd bet on it.

I wish I knew more about Infante's stuff - kind of surprised they converted him from starter last year to closer this year.

All I know is the sox really, really like Infante's arm. I think they want to put him back to a starter in the future, but doing the Nate Jones route to work on his command.

I also think Carter from the Barons might have found his calling as a reliever instead of a starter. Supposedly he is really bringing it as well, though JPN can probably confirm that better.