Gamethread: White Sox(16-23) vs Angels (19-23) 7:10 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
Jones did this in Texas last year. Started out fine, then fizzled after a while. The minute they pick up on the fact that he is swinging from his heels, they let him chase s*** out of the zone.

How can he fix that? Is this something Walker or him should pick up? Or is this how Jones has been his entire career? I really don't watch NL ball a lot.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
on the SCORE this morning they were saying Hahn really should be named GM with Williams getting a John Paxson type role

You know if they fire Guillen, Cora gets the job and some cheap s*** will be named hitting coach

The only way I see Kenny losing his job and/or getting kicked upstairs is in concert with the triumphant return of one Tony LaRussa to the organization to take his place.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
You use purge in every post you make...Lost fan, are you?

Lost has been on my mind lately, and i am a huge fan. I think purge is the right word for this though. It's not exactly a firesale, just an elimination of parts.

The offense has been pitiful. Maybe the Sox just can't project offensive performance. Nick Johnson was a KW target this past offseason, and he was terrible before going down again. Matsui was a consideration and he's been horrid. If the Sox would have signed them and they performed the same way it would be because of Walker.

Of course, if you have to score 7 runs to win, you aren't going to win many games. I think people forgot that last year's team was bad offensively but Thome was fairly solid and Dye was tremendous in the first half. The team hasn't been good enough from the start and KW and JR and OG have no one to blame but themselves.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:23 AM)
Mark Teahan can go f*** himself. First pitch swinging, popup out. What an awful approach at the plate there.

If he was playing in a smaller park, he'd have more home runs this season....like in Williamsport.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:23 AM)
Lost has been on my mind lately, and i am a huge fan. I think purge is the right word for this though. It's not exactly a firesale, just an elimination of parts.

Screw that, this team needs a complete overhaul. There used to be a time where I would have cried a little on the inside if you told me Quentin could be traded or Jenks could be gone. There's not a single player in this organization I'd lose sleep over if we traded.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
If he was playing in a smaller park, he'd have more home runs this season....like in Williamsport.

If KW ever has to find someplace to go on Christmas, I'm sure the Teahen family will take him in, considering the $15 million gift he handed them.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:26 AM)
If KW ever has to find someplace to go on Christmas, I'm sure the Teahen family will take him in, considering the $15 million gift he handed them.

The part that makes me giggle is that it was the first trade announced as soon as the WS ended. It was like the Royals were so excited to get rid of him, they jumped at the chance to complete the deal.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 20, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
So why praytell is Rios who is one of our only good hitters not playing tonight. Is this so Ozzie can get his toy Kotsay in the lineup.

The rotating DH demands that one of our only good hitters sits three times a week.