Gamethread: White Sox(16-23) vs Angels (19-23) 7:10 PM

Kyyle23

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:40 AM)
Well.... at least Quentin is swinging the bat much better lately if there is a positive to take out of this.

He's a slap hitter now. He doesn't hit anything really hard. Even that last out, he hit it well for him and it was a medium-depth fly ball.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 20, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Great news everyone! The ground rule double is Hawk's excuse for the loss tonight. Peavy's coming out of this one clean.

Peavy gave it up tonight.

Of course maybe if Jones acted like a major leaguer and not a contestant in the home run derby we might be looking at a win.

We knew guys like Konerko, Rios, Jones would come back down to earth. The other guys are not hitting their share however to off-set it. Quentin is comming around the last couple of games, I'll give him that. If the sox were smart, they would trade Jones ASAP while his value is high. This is the time he tailed off last year as well.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 20, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Great news everyone! The ground rule double is Hawk's excuse for the loss tonight. Peavy's coming out of this one clean.

What was interesting was Stone and Hawk commenting on how little Peavy warmed up today. He gave up runs quickly. Maybe he was getting loose under the stands, but I would doubt it.

Who would you compare Peavy and his 5.7 ERA to right now? Not flaming, just asking.

He's definitely getting hit.

Who has Jake Peavy become?

Once again, Sox play well enough to lose. We gots a last place team here, folks. KC is hot under Yost.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2010 -> 04:43 AM)
What was interesting was Stone and Hawk commenting on how little Peavy warmed up today. He gave up runs quickly. Maybe he was getting loose under the stands, but I would doubt it.

He pitched like a real Dbag tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2010 -> 04:44 AM)
Who would you compare Peavy and his 5.7 ERA to right now? Not flaming, just asking.

Once again, Sox play well enough to lose. We gots a last place team here, folks. KC is hot under Yost.

Javy Vazquez

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
2009 was the year of bad luck due to Mark Kotsay hitting a line drive right at Michael Cuddyer

2010 was the year of bad luck due to AJP hitting a ground rule double

And an idea was born in the mind of Ozzie Guillen: "I have found a great DH. I will bat him 5th next year."

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)

What do you know, they fire their manager who isn't getting the job done, and they start winning. Just if our organization was awake...

f the sox were smart, they would trade Jones ASAP while his value is high

You don't honestly think we can get anything for Jones, do you?

He's not a regular on any team but ours and maybe the Nats. You get maybe a Class A guy if for some reason anybody wanted Jones.

What do you know, they fire their manager who isn't getting the job done, and they start winning. Just if our organization was awake...

I knew I was setting myself up for that by mentioning Yost's early success.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2010 -> 04:53 AM)
OK, thanks.

For whatever reason, teams do usually have a good stretch after the manager is fired.

Because they play loose...for the players that like/respect Ozzie, I'm sure they're trying so damn hard right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
Because they play loose...for the players that like/respect Ozzie, I'm sure they're trying so damn hard right now.

That's a good point. They might be trying to hard. There has to be something they can do to make them loose.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
You don't honestly think we can get anything for Jones, do you?

He's not a regular on any team but ours and maybe the Nats. You get maybe a Class A guy if for some reason anybody wanted Jones.

Can play all three OF positions, making 500K, so far hitting at a solid production.. KW won't have a problem getting a call for him right now.. that is of course if we keep waiting and he keeps dropping.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 20, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
Can play all three OF positions, making 500K, so far hitting at a solid production.. KW won't have a problem getting a call for him right now.. that is of course if we keep waiting and he keeps dropping.

He has no value. He's not a good hitter. The sox would not get anything of value for him. It was very easy to forsee this drop as all he does is swing really hard and hope he makes contact. There is not one contender who he could help

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 21, 2010 -> 05:03 AM)
He has no value. He's not a good hitter. The sox would not get anything of value for him. It was very easy to forsee this drop as all he does is swing really hard and hope he makes contact. There is not one contender who he could help

The Cardinals would take him over Mather.

Jones is down to .230 and change I believe. I can't believe anybody would want him No. 1, and No. 2 what do we expect to get if somebody did take him?

I mean be serious.The Cards may want him, but what would they give up? Some guy with no chance at sniffing the bigs I'd guess wouldn't you?