Reload!

knightni

QUOTE (knightni @ May 21, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
Tonight is the start of a stretch of great baseball - I can just feel it!

Let's get that DH, a stud 3B, and a LH reliever and take this division! :bringit :gosox1:

What do you do with Teahen and who would we want?

QUOTE (knightni @ May 21, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
Tonight is the start of a stretch of great baseball - I can just feel it!

Let's get that DH, a stud 3B, and a LH reliever and take this division! :bringit :gosox1:

Trade for AGon-Poreda, call up Morel/Viciedo?

(Wishful thinking)

Ideally, you'd trade for Aramis Ramirez and Adam Dunn.

But, Cantu would be cheaper and can play at 3B or 1B if needed.

This is mostly a positive thinking thread. I'll leave the "how" of the acquisitions to KW. ;)

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 23, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
I'd take Uribe at third base in a heartbeat...I'd also take him at 2B as well.

When we got Teahen, I wanted to have him as a super-sub, and resign Uribe for third.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 22, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
Ideally, you'd trade for Aramis Ramirez and Adam Dunn.

But, Cantu would be cheaper and can play at 3B or 1B if needed.

This is mostly a positive thinking thread. I'll leave the "how" of the acquisitions to KW. ;)

I don't think the Marlins would be willing to part with him in the foreseeable future.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 24, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)
Has anyone heard anything from Joe Crede lately? Good God how cool would it be to have the Joe Crede from 2006 on this team right now...

Maybe he'll have a sort of rebirth like Pods did last year. I know it's wishful thinking but oh well...

I think he's basically assumed to be out. No one around MLB is even typing his name as an option. Last thing out there including his name was a Gonzalez mailbag from a week ago.

I'm not anti-Mark Teahen but he's not the best fielder I've ever seen. Will we see more Jayson Nix? (Is Joe Crede still an option?) David Kuechel, Rio Rico, Ariz.

There are plenty of people who agree with your assessment of Teahen. I think it's time to give Jayson Nix more of an opportunity elsewhere. I know he's a reserve, but he's hardly played. Maybe Brooks Boyer can sell t-shirts that read: "Free Jayson."

Advertisement

I thought Crede would be a mid-season answer in St. Louis, but David Freese is playing well for Tony La Russa's Cardinals.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
Hell, if Joe could hit .200, he would be a massive improvement over our usual two 3Bs right now.

I really, really want to sign Crede to a Pods-09 contract, put him at 3rd, and have Teahen be the super sub.