AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNERRRRRRRRR!!!!!&#33

chisox2334

The problem with feasting on the NL is that the Twins and Tigers are going to do the same thing.

Even KC was leading the Rockies tonight, CLE lost to Cincy (not a surprise in the least)...I don't think we can make up that much ground, especially with the Twins getting 6 against MIL, very few games against BOST and we have those Cubs' games we're really lucky to get 4/6.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
The problem with feasting on the NL is that the Twins and Tigers are going to do the same thing.

When AL teams play the Sox it's no too far from feasting on the NL. They got enough of former NLers.

As much b****ing as people do about Oz's lineups ... I would say today's lineup should be the one we go with against all righthanders unless you want to flop Nix for Teahen.

Comment on today's lineup vs. righties please. I would go with this one every single game (though I could be convinced Jones should play some over Kotsay and Nix some over Teahen).

AJ probably should remain in the 2 hole against righty starters only because he's a veteran and may embrace it. He's not done too bad up there it seems to me.

Not sure what the optimal lineup would be against a lefty starter but I "like" this one against righties.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)

Even KC was leading the Rockies tonight, CLE lost to Cincy (not a surprise in the least)...I don't think we can make up that much ground, especially with the Twins getting 6 against MIL, very few games against BOST and we have those Cubs' games we're really lucky to get 4/6.

shut the f*** up and enjoy a f***ing win for once.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ May 22, 2010 -> 07:35 AM)
???

Caul's right.

What's funny is that I had written a post exactly like Caulfield's and knowing the reaction I would get I just deleted it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 22, 2010 -> 05:25 AM)
As much b****ing as people do about Oz's lineups ... I would say today's lineup should be the one we go with against all righthanders unless you want to flop Nix for Teahen.

Comment on today's lineup vs. righties please. I would go with this one every single game (though I could be convinced Jones should play some over Kotsay and Nix some over Teahen).

AJ probably should remain in the 2 hole against righty starters only because he's a veteran and may embrace it. He's not done too bad up there it seems to me.

Not sure what the optimal lineup would be against a lefty starter but I "like" this one against righties.

I like what you are saying, but I want us to win a few more games and/or at least put together a two game winning streak before I'd get too giddy about a line up. I really think the line up thing is an overreaction. If players are hitting then any line up is good.

At any rate, it's pretty clear the Twins aren't going to be the easiest team in the world for the Brewers to take out.

They (Brew Crew) couldn't even manage to hold the lead after staging a huge, what would turn out (for most teams) to be a 5-run crooked number and back-breaking comeback (including 2 off of Rauch) today.

Basically, we have to sweep teams or go 2-1 every series and wipe out DET and MIN when we play them head-to-head over the remainder of the season.

Basically, we have to sweep teams or go 2-1 every series and wipe out DET and MIN when we play them head-to-head over the remainder of the season.

Who cares right now? We've played horses*** all season and looked like anything but a contender for the postseason. I for one am just gonna see what happens.

LOL.

Fine, nobody should care, we should just shut down SoxTalk until trade talks resume!!!

Why care about anything? Don't we have better things to argue about than who cares about something, who doesn't care enough, who cares too much....who used to care, but now is looking for reasons to care but isn't willing to trust the Sox anymore than you would trust a girlfriend that's already been caught cheating on you two times (lol, no, this is not a personal example).

Edited by caulfield12

I just thought you are getting caught up in what we have to do to catch teams when this team has yet to prove worthy of worrying about that. Until the team puts together 3 weeks of great baseball it's not worth talking about what we need to do to catch Minnie/Detroit IMO.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2010 -> 01:24 AM)
LOL.

Fine, nobody should care, we should just shut down SoxTalk until trade talks resume!!!

Why care about anything? Don't we have better things to argue about than who cares about something, who doesn't care enough, who cares too much....who used to care, but now is looking for reasons to care but isn't willing to trust the Sox anymore than you would trust a girlfriend that's already been caught cheating on you two times (lol, no, this is not a personal example).

On the other side of the coin, how come you have to remind everyone after every game that you dont feel it is possible to catch the Twins or Tigers? You absolutely bask in it, and every time someone says "you know, if X and Y happens, we just may have a shot at competing for the rest of the year and maybe/possibly/dare I say catching up to the almighty Twins" you come back with (basically, not verbatim) "No, we cant do it, the Twins are too good and too many things have to happen"

So, to your "Fine, nobody should care, we should just shut down SoxTalk until trade talks resume!!!", I respond to you with "Fine, the Sox are 6 games under .500, we should just shut down Soxtalk until 2011 starts!!!"

Caulfield, the last two winner threads, you didnt even mention the game. You mentioned the Twins and Tigers, and how its not going to happen. At least try and discuss the two nice wins that we just had before you dump cold water over everyone.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 23, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
On the other side of the coin, how come you have to remind everyone after every game that you dont feel it is possible to catch the Twins or Tigers? You absolutely bask in it, and every time someone says "you know, if X and Y happens, we just may have a shot at competing for the rest of the year and maybe/possibly/dare I say catching up to the almighty Twins" you come back with (basically, not verbatim) "No, we cant do it, the Twins are too good and too many things have to happen"

So, to your "Fine, nobody should care, we should just shut down SoxTalk until trade talks resume!!!", I respond to you with "Fine, the Sox are 6 games under .500, we should just shut down Soxtalk until 2011 starts!!!"

Caulfield, the last two winner threads, you didnt even mention the game. You mentioned the Twins and Tigers, and how its not going to happen. At least try and discuss the two nice wins that we just had before you dump cold water over everyone.

Where are you with a comment when I've written about 80-90% positive things about the White Sox the last 2-3 weeks? If you followed the minor league section, you would notice I've written many many positive statements about our minor leaguers, especially VICIEDO. In fact, I don't think there's another poster here besides CUBANO who has been more in his corner since the day that the White Sox signed him. IF there is, I'd like to know who it is...

I guess you must have skipped over all those threads, trying to catch me making a mistake between Mauer/Morneau. Maybe if I actually lived in the US, if I actually could watch tv or ESPN or had enough bandwith strength to be able to watch MLB games live, then I wouldn't make such a silly mistake.

And from now on, is it okay for me to say "stop dumping cold water on everyone" whenever any negative comment is written about the players, Ozzie, KW, Walker, etc.??? I remember being blasted day after day after day for not buying into the Brian Anderson is a victim of the vindictive Ozzie Guillen vendetta story when it was pretty obvious all along he was never going to measure up, just like I've said about Teahen over and over again.

Maybe it's my imagination, but it feels like roughly 85% of the posts here in the last 4-6 weeks have been pretty critical/negative, maybe I'm missing something and I'm the only one who doesn't see each day as a Rainbow Brite My Little Pony-ish day of "the White Sox will win the division because the 1983 team started out with a 16-24 record so obviously we will do the same thing again this year...."

FINAL POINT: UMMM...I live in China, there's a 13 hour time difference between here and Chicago. I'm sorry I couldn't wake up, in order to please you, to comment about games I wasn't even home or awake to listen to....but tonight I'll make sure to set my alarm clock to wake up at 2 a.m., even though I have to teach at 8 am tomorrow, just so I can contribute. Thanks for that advice.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
Where are you with a comment when I've written about 80-90% positive things about the White Sox the last 2-3 weeks?

LOL, right.

Enjoy your rainbow pony day Caulfield.

FINAL POINT: UMMM...I live in China, there's a 13 hour time difference between here and Chicago. I'm sorry I couldn't wake up, in order to please you, to comment about games I wasn't even home or awake to listen to....but tonight I'll make sure to set my alarm clock to wake up at 2 a.m., even though I have to teach at 8 am tomorrow, just so I can contribute. Thanks for that advice.

Caufield, send me a pm if you can describing your experiences teaching English in China. I know somebody who wants to do that. I know you like to write long so it shouldn't be a problem (little joke).

Please include how you got hooked up, what city you are in, what you think of the experience, what experience you need to go over there, what age range they are looking for in teachers, whether you had any teaching experience before, how they are treating you and of course ... have you met any decemt women to date out there?

Thanks, sir.

Today's loss had to be one of the worst of the season BTW. After winning 2 in a row vs. this team and looking like a team with a clue, this crap hits the fan again. Wow.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
Where are you with a comment when I've written about 80-90% positive things about the White Sox the last 2-3 weeks? If you followed the minor league section, you would notice I've written many many positive statements about our minor leaguers, especially VICIEDO. In fact, I don't think there's another poster here besides CUBANO who has been more in his corner since the day that the White Sox signed him. IF there is, I'd like to know who it is...

Dan and I as well as a couple others have been pretty vocal about supporting and defending him when he was getting ripped on last year and over the off season.