Gamethread: White Sox(18-24) vs Marlins (22-22) 1:05 PM CSN,

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
Significantly worse. He hit about .100 in April.

I'd be ok with him hitting 8th or 9th a few times a week tops. But in the 5 hole??? That's more of my problem with it but I guess everyone sucks in our lineup so it doesnt matter

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 23, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
I'd be ok with him hitting 8th or 9th a few times a week tops. But in the 5 hole??? That's more of my problem with it but I guess everyone sucks in our lineup so it doesnt matter

Kotsay has hit 3 HR since the last time Quentin hit one.

It's basically do you want to go clean up at ground zero without a respirator or do you want to go clean up the oil spill without a respirator. Either way, you probably don't want to be breathing.

I think that can be one of our promo lines down the stretch....

See a new and interesting way how our 3B can f--- up the game defensively.

And that's the end HOPEFULLY of Mr. Williams' MLB career. But probably not.

IT'S STILL EARLY.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
One would hope this is the last inning of major league baseball that Randy Williams will ever throw for the Chicago White Sox. I doubt it.

Not a chance. He's still got to get his ERA up about 2 points before he loses his job. Guaranteed.

This was the scout's take on Teahen when he was drafted in 2002. "Tall, slender frame. Similar to Dean Palmer. Arm is best tool, could become a plus with added strength. Occasional power straight away. Runs bases well enough. Improved fielding. Good kid." That was pretty damn wishy washy then. Nothing has changed.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
Maybe one of the reasons KC kept moving Teahen and not having him play 3B all the time was because he simply is a bad defensive (and offensive) 3B.

His UZR/150 number with KC his last year at 3b was something like -2. Last time I checked this year it was somewhere around -40.

He's been unusually godawful this year, even for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
One step forward, two steps back with this team. Randy Williams really sucking it up...performance wise and for the team.

Technically didn't they win 2 games this series?

Here's a game to pass the time. Guess that current/former White Sox player by scouting report from draft day. Starting with a current Sox:" Strong, athletic physique. Well-defined legs and arms. Body like Alex Rodriguez. Wide, balanced, open stance. Good bat speed, plus power potential. Major League arm with carry. Smart player, good instincts with sure hands. Anticipates well at shortstop."

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
Here's a game to pass the time. Guess that current/former White Sox player by scouting report from draft day. Starting with a current Sox:" Strong, athletic physique. Well-defined legs and arms. Body like Alex Rodriguez. Wide, balanced, open stance. Good bat speed, plus power potential. Major League arm with carry. Smart player, good instincts with sure hands. Anticipates well at shortstop."

That's easy, Rios

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)

Mike Morse?

Andy Gonzalez?

LOL

Definitely not Caruso.