Phillies scouting Jenks and Putz

shipps

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 23, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Forget Mayberry. He's another right handed hitter. This organization needs to find a left handed bat.

How about someone like this:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=502126

Oh man, I would jizz in my pants if we got him. No chance of it happening though unless KW can be creative, or the Phils are THAT desperate.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 23, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Oh man, I would jizz in my pants if we got him. No chance of it happening though unless KW can be creative, or the Phils are THAT desperate.

Jenks, Putz, Linebrink and money to cover most of Linebrink's salary for Domonic Brown. Maybe throw Mayberry in too.

Sox should do anything to get that lefthanded hitting first baseman playing for Toronto's AAA team -- guy they got in the Halladay deal. I forget his name but he is f***ing awesome and he's a young lefthanded hitter!

You'd think the Sox could dangle Jenks in front of some teams that need a closer. Despite what people on this board think, he's still able to produce.

And what's with Beckham making out after out? Sophomore jinx? This is getting ridiculous. Two months of hell for Gordon Beckham.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 23, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Sox should do anything to get that lefthanded hitting first baseman playing for Toronto's AAA team -- guy they got in the Halladay deal. I forget his name but he is f***ing awesome and he's a young lefthanded hitter!

You'd think the Sox could dangle Jenks in front of some teams that need a closer. Despite what people on this board think, he's still able to produce.

And what's with Beckham making out after out? Sophomore jinx? This is getting ridiculous. Two months of hell for Gordon Beckham.

Brett Wallace?

It'd be rather difficult to pry him away from the Jays for Bobby.

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 23, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
There are said to be "a couple of teams" scouting the Sox.

What other teams besides the Phillies?

For what are they looking?

I think the other team scouts that were at the Angels/White Sox game were from Milwaukee and Pittsburgh.

Gotta believe Milwaukee and Pittsburgh looking for the same thing as Philadelphia, bullpen help.

Edited by pktmotion

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
If we can get someone to pay Jenks's salary, deal him.

It would make sense for Kenny to hold onto Bobby until late July. He's most likely going to improve at least somewhat by then, and that would increase Kenny's chances of getting an average (vs. a throw-away) prospect in return. That said, I absolutely agree that dealing Bobby is going to overwhelmingly be a salary-dump.

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 23, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Forget Mayberry. He's another right handed hitter. This organization needs to find a left handed bat.

How about someone like this:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=502126

L.M.A.O.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
Jenks, Putz, Linebrink and money to cover most of Linebrink's salary for Domonic Brown. Maybe throw Mayberry in too.

:notworthy

QUOTE (pktmotion @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
Do you think we trade them starting pitching? Given how poorly our starting staff has been, I'd hate to sell on someone low.

If Gavin turns it around, perhaps flip him and some 'spects for Fielder given his contract issue?

That's something KW may look at, but considering where the team is now and Fielder's likely to bolt as soon as he hits FA for the largest deal, I would rather just hang onto our good spects and try to develop em.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
If Gavin turns it around, perhaps flip him and some 'spects for Fielder given his contract issue?

I was thinking about this in relation to the Jenks-Phillies speculation. If the Phillies get Jenks and his money, they would surely want to get out of a large contract of their own. I was intrigued when I came across Blanton because he's essentially the same pitcher as Gavin. Innings Eater/Strong Arm/ Back of the Rotation guy. He's owed $5 Mil more than Gavin over two years (not including Floyd's club option: $9.5). If the White Sox could get Blanton for Jenks. Then turn around and deal Floyd to the Brewers(for either prospects or as a cornerstone to a Fielder trade) it could be a strong move. I don't know how much Philly values Blanton, but that extra money off the books could ameliorate Howard's contract and go long towards bringing back Werth.

Brett Wallace?

It'd be rather difficult to pry him away from the Jays for Bobby.

Yes. What would it take to get him? Now that's the kind of hitter to excite the masses heading into the future.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
Yes. What would it take to get him? Now that's the kind of hitter to excite the masses heading into the future.

Maybe Rios as well as picking up half his remaining contract would be a good start.

Or Beckham +.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)
I was thinking about this in relation to the Jenks-Phillies speculation. If the Phillies get Jenks and his money, they would surely want to get out of a large contract of their own. I was intrigued when I came across Blanton because he's essentially the same pitcher as Gavin. Innings Eater/Strong Arm/ Back of the Rotation guy. He's owed $5 Mil more than Gavin over two years (not including Floyd's club option: $9.5). If the White Sox could get Blanton for Jenks. Then turn around and deal Floyd to the Brewers(for either prospects or as a cornerstone to a Fielder trade) it could be a strong move. I don't know how much Philly values Blanton, but that extra money off the books could ameliorate Howard's contract and go long towards bringing back Werth.

What the hell?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
We're not trading any member of our starting rotation not named Freddy Garcia.

I could see Gavin being shipped out for Fielder of AGon, if it allows them to keep Huddy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)

I'd say something like Flowers + Morel would maybe interest the Jays. Maybe.

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 23, 2010 -> 11:56 PM)
It would make sense for Kenny to hold onto Bobby until late July. He's most likely going to improve at least somewhat by then, and that would increase Kenny's chances of getting an average (vs. a throw-away) prospect in return. That said, I absolutely agree that dealing Bobby is going to overwhelmingly be a salary-dump.

I agree that would be the case if we were dealing with a secure asset, but we're not. Bobby's a ticking time bomb in my eyes, and it's only a matter of time before his calf injury crops back up or something new all together. Given his injury history, lack of performance, and salary, the risk of holding out for the best deal is way too high when you aren't likely to get anything worthwhile anyways. I'd jump at the first offer consisting of a halfway interesting prospect and little to no salary absorption.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:39 AM)
Maybe Rios as well as picking up half his remaining contract would be a good start.

Or Beckham +.

Ehh. A lot of people believe Wallace to be very much overrated. I see a lot of Adam LaRoche type comparisons. He was a much better prospect when he was a 3B where his bat would play well above average. Now at 1B, not so much.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:41 AM)
What the hell?

to ameliorate (third-person singular simple present ameliorates, present participle ameliorating, simple past and past participle ameliorated)

(transitive) To make better, to improve; to heal; to solve a problem.

They offered some compromises in an effort to ameliorate the situation.

Go to class and don't fall asleep. :)

QUOTE (pktmotion @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:58 AM)
to ameliorate (third-person singular simple present ameliorates, present participle ameliorating, simple past and past participle ameliorated)

(transitive) To make better, to improve; to heal; to solve a problem.

They offered some compromises in an effort to ameliorate the situation.

Go to class and don't fall asleep. :)

I was messin' with ya. That's just not a word you hear or see ever in life. Even Thunderbolt wouldn't bust that word out.