Phillies scouting Jenks and Putz

shipps

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:39 AM)
Maybe Rios as well as picking up half his remaining contract would be a good start.

Or Beckham +.

Heads I hope you were joking or drunk. I highly doubt Toronto would take Rios back under any circumstances.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh. A lot of people believe Wallace to be very much overrated. I see a lot of Adam LaRoche type comparisons. He was a much better prospect when he was a 3B where his bat would play well above average. Now at 1B, not so much.

He passed the eye test for me a couple weeks ago. I saw him in the flesh go 4-5 and whack a homer to right and smash two off the wall in left. What a concept. Hit it where it is pitched.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
We're not trading any member of our starting rotation not named Freddy Garcia.

Thank you for the voice of reason. Gavin has had a few rough starts but is hands down the most talented pitcher we have not named Peavy. He has had two very good seasons back to back and would certainly be more than a salary dump if we moved him. Young, healthy and talented MLB starters don't grow on trees.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 24, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)
He has a player option worth 19 million if he gets traded. So, is Mark Buehrle worth 19 million to another team?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Buehrle

Yeah, there's a reason why that line has no citation: because it's wrong. If he's traded he gets an extra $1M per season on any remaining years as well as a $15M player option for 2012. There's a thread pinned in this very forum containing information such as this and guarateed to be 100% more accurate than f***ing Wikipedia.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 24, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)
Yeah, there's a reason why that line has no citation: because it's wrong. If he's traded he gets an extra $1M per season on any remaining years as well as a $15M player option for 2012. There's a thread pinned in this very forum containing information such as this and guarateed to be 100% more accurate than f***ing Wikipedia.

I luv when you get angry ;)

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ May 24, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
Thank you for the voice of reason. Gavin has had a few rough starts but is hands down the most talented pitcher we have not named Peavy. He has had two very good seasons back to back and would certainly be more than a salary dump if we moved him. Young, healthy and talented MLB starters don't grow on trees.

Wow... really? I bet most would say that D1 has more talent.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 24, 2010 -> 09:42 AM)
I luv when you get angry ;)

Eh, if something as innocuous as that really got me pissed off that'd be pretty sad. I figure you of all people should be able to pick up on my tone. Asshole.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 24, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
Eh, if something as innocuous as that really got me pissed off that'd be pretty sad. I figure you of all people should be able to pick up on my tone. Asshole.

LMAO. I will reply to this in chat tonite.

I know people are down playing the names being kicked around for our relievers, but it isn't like relievers haven't brought quality prospects before. See also Brandon Allen for Tony Pena, or Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson, or Ricardo Rincon for Brian Giles, or Jason Varitek and Derek Lowe for Heathcliff Slocumb. It happens.