5/26 GT: Sox @ Cleveland - 11:05am

T R U

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
Because I am a human being, and so are they. Don't need to be in the clubhouse to know this. NO idea how MUCH effect it has, but is sure as heck has one.

Not buying it. I'm fine with analysis, but when it gets to "I know how these players feel" type arguments....sorry, you don't unless you are there.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
Not buying it. I'm fine with analysis, but when it gets to "I know how these players feel" type arguments....sorry, you don't unless you are there.

I didn't say that. I said it has an effect. I don't see how its that hard.

And I have never bought this bizarre idea that ballplayers live in XBox land where they are robots.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
We should of traded his ass when we could . This is the price of loyalty.

The problem is Santos came along at the wrong time. If this is 2007, I would believe the Sox trade him. Before this year, we just weren't going to deal Jenks -- especially as a team looking to contend.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
Besides two outings, Pena has been pretty good this year.

And both of those were blowouts that we pretty much had no shot of winning when he entered, he's really having a very good year.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
I didn't say that. I said it has an effect. I don't see how its that hard.

And I have never bought this bizarre idea that ballplayers live in XBox land where they are robots.

And I've never bought that there is this massive Chemistry Stat that makes a huge impact on how a team plays. If a team is winning, they have great chemistry, if they suck, their chemistry sucks? Its stupid

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
We should of traded his ass when we could . This is the price of loyalty.

This is why we should trade Thornton now or next year. Have Santos close for a few years and then trade him. In baseball you're always blessed with second chances and you're measured by how much you've learned the first time around.

So I had some work to do and went away from my desk from the top of fifth until now.

Rolling right along reading the good stuff and then poof I hit about the 1:30 mark and was just scrolling through the posts expecting that the game was tied or the Sox lost and I am rolling that mouse frantically and the blood pressure is rising and then I get to page 26 and all is well in the world.

SOX WIN

Peavy is still the biggest bust on this team.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
And I've never bought that there is this massive Chemistry Stat that makes a huge impact on how a team plays. If a team is winning, they have great chemistry, if they suck, their chemistry sucks? Its stupid

It may not be logical, but its reality. Players have emotions. Stat or not, its part of the game.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)

I would fully disagree. None of us know the behind the scenes scenarios. Such as who slept with who, it could range from a sister, wife, or mom. People tend to get out of hand due to a drunken outrage and say things that shouldn't be said, and it could be regarding anything. The closest of friends for years can absolutely despise one another due to a disagreement, sides are taken, s*** talking behind backs are said, etc, etc. Just a bit like real life.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
It may not be logical, but its reality. Players have emotions. Stat or not, its part of the game.

It can affect some teams, but the Royals & Pirates haven't sucked for the last 15 years because of a lack of chemistry, just as great chemistry is not the reason the Yankees and Red Sox have dominated the AL East the past decade.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
I would fully disagree. None of us know the behind the scenes scenarios. Such as who slept with who, it could range from a sister, wife, or mom. People tend to get out of hand due to a drunken outrage and say things that shouldn't be said, and it could be regarding anything. The closest of friends for years can absolutely despise one another due to a disagreement, sides are taken, s*** talking behind backs are said, etc, etc. Just a bit like real life.

i bet a guy sleeping with lebron's mom can't help chemistry

QUOTE (pktmotion @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
This is why we should trade Thornton now or next year. Have Santos close for a few years and then trade him. In baseball you're always blessed with second chances and you're measured by how much you've learned the first time around.

I know the issue I had with Jenks was his drop in velocity. Even though he was still an effecient pitcher (which is why they ultimately didn't deal him), I worried that his fastball would continue to drop. I never thought he'd have problems with his curveball before his fastball, as is what's happening now.

With Thornton, who is really all fastball, the FIRST sign of a velocity drop over an extended period should be a warning sign to deal him. As of now, he's still the same pitcher of old.

Edited by Flash Tizzle