5/26 GT: Sox @ Cleveland - 11:05am

T R U

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
i bet a guy sleeping with lebron's mom can't help chemistry

Things like that happen every day, and honestly much more f***ed up things than that. Chemistry is very real. I know i am a believe anyway.

Edited by qwerty

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
Things like that happen every day, and honestly much more f***ed up things than that. Chemistry is very real. I know i am a believe anyway.

whats more f'd up than a teammate sleeping with your mom? thats pretty strange to me

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
whats more f'd up than a teammate sleeping with your mom? thats pretty strange to me

It's indeed strange, but at the end of the day they are both adults and she had to give her consent. She apparently wanted it. If anything lebron should be more pissed off at this mother, after all, she is his mother. If sleeping with someone's mother was the strangest, kookiest thing out there in the world, this would be a pretty pleasant world, in the grand scheme of things.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
I would fully disagree. None of us know the behind the scenes scenarios. Such as who slept with who, it could range from a sister, wife, or mom. People tend to get out of hand due to a drunken outrage and say things that shouldn't be said, and it could be regarding anything. The closest of friends for years can absolutely despise one another due to a disagreement, sides are taken, s*** talking behind backs are said, etc, etc. Just a bit like real life.

Actually you agree with me then. All I'm saying is not a single person here or any other fan can claim to know what the "players feel", so using that as an argument for or against any player is pointless.

Honestly, if we are going to talk about clubhouse disruptions, one of the biggest ones I can think of in regards to the White Sox was Royce Clayton sleeping with Frank Thomas's wife (or ex-wife, not sure which she was at the time), and I'm sure that wasn't the only incident of infidelity within the White Sox clubhouse.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Actually you agree with me then. All I'm saying is not a single person here or any other fan can claim to know what the "players feel", so using that as an argument for or against any player is pointless.

And no one made that argument.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
And I've never bought that there is this massive Chemistry Stat that makes a huge impact on how a team plays. If a team is winning, they have great chemistry, if they suck, their chemistry sucks? Its stupid

How would you feel if one of your classmates was nailing your mom? Would you feel fine in the classroom or would you be distracted?

Wow. This thread has degraded fast. I blame Jenks. Everyone was getting along fine until his ample duff came in and nearly blew it. Now there's arguing and fighting and people nailing each other's moms. What the hell?

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
Wow. This thread has degraded fast. I blame Jenks. Everyone was getting along fine until his ample duff came in and nearly blew it. Now there's arguing and fighting and people nailing each other's moms. What the hell?

No idea myself.. and I didn't even catch the game. As for the whole clubhouse argument, maybe I need to pull the whole article on Don Cooper 1 on 1 to end this discussion, as I just put the thing that stuck out to me I've had on the top of my sig (the sigs change, that quote doesn't) for like 4 years now.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)

I just reread your conversation with northside. You believe the opposite of myself. You don't think chemistry has a big impact either way, and i believe it potentially could. As i said, i disagree. Northside's point, and mine, is only logical. Emotions are very real. I don't ''know'' as you said, but i base my belief off of the average human beings emotions. Players bring their emotions up to the plate every at-bat, to the field every inning, there is no way around it coming into play.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
I just reread your conversation with northside. You believe the opposite of myself. You don't think chemistry has a big impact either way, and i believe it potentially could. As i said, i disagree. Northside's point, and mine, is only logical. Emotions are very real. I don't ''know'' as you said, but i base my belief off of the average human beings emotions. Players bring their emotions up to the plate every at-bat, to the field every inning, there is no way around it coming into play.

I would imagine emotions run hotter in clubhouses than we are led to believe. Even the worst player on a major league bench was one of the best players in a league at some point in time, or was atleast told he was one of the best by someone who had power, and as a result, every player has some type of ego and inflated view of themselves. Some people know how to control that ego and contain their emotions, and you never hear of it. Some people have no idea how and they blow up mentally, like Milton Bradley. But if it's nothing crazy, we as fans generally don't hear about it anyways, even if there is something brewing. That, of course, doesn't mean these things don't exist and don't hinder production.

To compare it to anything in real life where you have to have some type of cohesiveness amongst a group of people (meaning, a team)...if you don't like someone on your team, you can work just fine. But if there is any sort of emotional friction or pressure between you and someone else, your production is likely to suffer as a result. And, if you and the members of your team get along great and there is absolutely no friction or pressure whatsoever, you may work beyond your normal capabilities.

I believe chemistry is a very real part of baseball, and really, any sport in general. It is hard to bring in 25 guys that get along well and are very talented though at the same time, which is why having a manager who can control those egos is the best thing you can do, which is why I believe Ozzie is a great manager.

(that still doesn't change the fact that I disagree with his offensive philosophy and that I think a lot of his in game decisions are absolutely terrible)

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 26, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Not buying it. I'm fine with analysis, but when it gets to "I know how these players feel" type arguments....sorry, you don't unless you are there.

In my best Bill Cartwright voice: terrible

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE (Real @ May 26, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
6 back, and just when you think we're gonna go on a roll, in comes TAMPA BAY. The best team in baseball.

Ha!

They will probably play much better than if it were the Royals.

I heard the later part of the game on the radio. I was a little upset that no one was warming up in the pen when Jenks came close to losing it.

Sounded like it was a strange game. Almost as strange as some of the post on the previous 2 pages.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
I would imagine emotions run hotter in clubhouses than we are led to believe. Even the worst player on a major league bench was one of the best players in a league at some point in time, or was atleast told he was one of the best by someone who had power, and as a result, every player has some type of ego and inflated view of themselves. Some people know how to control that ego and contain their emotions, and you never hear of it. Some people have no idea how and they blow up mentally, like Milton Bradley. But if it's nothing crazy, we as fans generally don't hear about it anyways, even if there is something brewing. That, of course, doesn't mean these things don't exist and don't hinder production.

To compare it to anything in real life where you have to have some type of cohesiveness amongst a group of people (meaning, a team)...if you don't like someone on your team, you can work just fine. But if there is any sort of emotional friction or pressure between you and someone else, your production is likely to suffer as a result. And, if you and the members of your team get along great and there is absolutely no friction or pressure whatsoever, you may work beyond your normal capabilities.

I believe chemistry is a very real part of baseball, and really, any sport in general. It is hard to bring in 25 guys that get along well and are very talented though at the same time, which is why having a manager who can control those egos is the best thing you can do, which is why I believe Ozzie is a great manager.

(that still doesn't change the fact that I disagree with his offensive philosophy and that I think a lot of his in game decisions are absolutely terrible)

Having been in both great workplaces and complete s***holes, chemistry does matter in the workplace.