AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 26, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
I know today wasn't a save opportunity but anyway:

Just looking at the 7 games Jenks has saved: 4 of them were 1-run save-opps, 1 game the tying run reached base, 3 games the go ahead run reached based. The other 3 saves were 3-run save-opps, he allowed 1 baserunner in 2 of them and the other was his only perfect save of the year.

His 1 blown save was a 1 run save opportunity in which he allowed 4 baserunners and 3 ER without retiring a batter. In other words: he's been walking an ultra fine line in 1-run save opportunities this year.

You make the point with those figures and you are right. Jens has been playing with fire all year long. Plus when he does get the save he is still walking that fine line by his walks and hits allowed. Unacceptable!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
Ozzie's going to enjoy his 2 game suspension for those comments. Good for him!

Usually I would be ecstatic, but Joey Cora gives me much more stomach pains. He is just terrible.

You guys that hate Jenks fail to consider the fact he normally gets the end result, the game saved.

His track record seems to suggest he ain't so good when provided a tie game or huge lead. He did finish the f***ing game, right?

We won, right?

Why not look glass half full for a change?

Kotsay, he of the .225 batting average who guys like me hate on, hit a home run.

Teahen, the bum, did get two RBIs.

Rios good again.

It's like why would anybody even care Beckham sucked again today? We won the game and took 2-3 which is acceptable on the road. We win another series.

Those are good signs for this bad team.

Now we see if we lose all four in Tampa, win just one, or do the right thing and split. No way this team is capable of 3 of 4 or 4 in Tampa.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
You guys that hate Jenks fail to consider the fact he normally gets the end result, the game saved.

His track record seems to suggest he ain't so good when provided a tie game or huge lead. He did finish the f***ing game, right?

We won, right?

We are Greg - people are praising Pena, Teahen, Kotsay, and others for performing well - but Jenks was awful. His track record this year has not been good, period. That's really all that matters. Sure, the game was "saved," but allowing 6 of the first 7 guys you face to reach base is no way to save a game. With his performance today, he would have blown any type of save opportunity that was presented to him. Thankfully, he wasn't presented with an actual save opportunity, and he was able to get out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)

We won, right?

Kotsay, he of the .225 batting average who guys like me hate on, hit a home run.

Teahen, the bum, did get two RBIs.

Rios good again.

It's like why would anybody even care Beckham sucked again today? We won the game and took 2-3 which is acceptable on the road. We win another series.

Those are good signs for this bad team.

Now we see if we lose all four in Tampa, win just one, or do the right thing and split. No way this team is capable of 3 of 4 or 4 in Tampa.

You'd be better off just saying that you refuse to in life criticize any member of the 2005 White Sox, no matter how despicable their current performance is. Bobby Jenks is HORSEf***INGs***.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 26, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
At least SI got it right...

"This time, Buehrle flipped his glove off and was immediately ejected by West, who stood with his arms folded near the first-base line."

Well, that makes it sound like he waved his middle finger at his glove.

You'd be better off just saying that you refuse to in life criticize any member of the 2005 White Sox, no matter how despicable their current performance is. Bobby Jenks is HORSEf***INGs***.

My point is he finished the game and we won the game. I didn't see it, but didn't he ultimately do a nice job to end it when he'd finally blown it to the point it was a one-run game?

There are guys on the 2005 roster I didn't like much. I had my share of criticism for Uribe and was in failure of getting rid of him and he's proven me wrong since. He's continued his career.

I also didn't like Everett.

I also didn't like Harris, Gload, and Pablo.

And I hated Vizcaino.

I just don't see the point of burying Jenks when he finished the game that we won.

He is normally not so good when he enters in a tie game or has a big lead at least it seems that way.

--And I forgot to see some of the threads praising the heroes of today's game like Kotsay and Mark T. My bad. People have the right to bash Jenks for today, I was just pointing out in my case I won't because he finished and we won.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 26, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
There's a report out today that he won't be suspended.

They were making a big deal last night out of the fact that he struck the ump with his helmet so figured he may get 1 or 2. Darn.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)

So far this year yes, but he is not horses***. Thinking that 2 months of his performance makes him worthless is pretty much horses***.

If I'm Kenny Williams and I see Joe West messing with my team in the future, I just might casually bring up the possibility of forfeiting games where he's behind the plate. That might prompt MLB to do something about him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 26, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
So far this year yes, but he is not horses***. Thinking that 2 months of his performance makes him worthless is pretty much horses***.

Problem is he's gone from mediocre or average (2009) to replacement level this year. This year hasn't come out of nowhere.