5/27 GT: Sox @ Tampa Bay - 6:10pm CDT

T R U

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 27, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
Take a f***ing pitch, Kotsay. Why don't any of these bastards work a count?

because most are veterans who do their own thing - it's what ozzie and walker like to coach because it's easier.

I'm thoroughly impressed with what leyland is doing with 8 rookies on his roster this season.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
because most are veterans who do their own thing - it's what ozzie and walker like to coach because it's easier.

I'm thoroughly impressed with what leyland is doing with 8 rookies on his roster this season.

I hate watching my favorite team play a style of baseball that I absolutely despise. Look no further then the Rays who take pitches and work at-bats to get pitches that they can drive. The White Sox, instead, operate under the assumption that EVERY pitch can be driven.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 27, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
I hate watching my favorite team play a style of baseball that I absolutely despise. Look no further then the Rays who take pitches and work at-bats to get pitches that they can drive. The White Sox, instead, operate under the assumption that EVERY pitch can be driven.

and that's kind of the scary thing if they decide to bring up some young guys in the next month or so if this disaster doesn't turn around. I like Ozzie but I don't really get the feeling he's much of a teacher, same with Walker. There is no organizational philosophy to pass on.

TEAHEN on the board.

I missed a chunk of the game here, other than reading the thread here, now seeing pitchfx as a joke if that pitch was a strike, (thanks kalapse) and seeing we still have 0 runs, I'm glad Gavin had a pretty good outing for himself again.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
and that's kind of the scary thing if they decide to bring up some young guys in the next month or so if this disaster doesn't turn around. I like Ozzie but I don't really get the feeling he's much of a teacher, same with Walker. There is no organizational philosophy to pass on.

TEAHEN on the board.

The K-rates of most of our "top" prospects seem to suggest this philosophy is an organizational trend. Which is very, very bad.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 27, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)

I'm in Florida listening to the Rays TV broadcast team announce the game.

They were talking about the difference between how the Red Sox (the series they just finished) and White Sox hitters approach the game.

They said the Red Sox hitters were much more patient and worked deeper into counts... and that the White Sox were much more notorious first ball hitters who went up to the plate swinging and didn't walk much.

Sounds about right.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 27, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)

Its like asking why our hitters don't use the opposite field. Our hitters are either extremely dumb or are so money driven that they want to each hit 50 homers a season.

There's a fine line between aggressive and stupid, and our offense collectively is stupid.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 27, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
I'm in Florida listening to the Rays TV broadcast team announce the game.

They were talking about the difference between how the Red Sox (the series they just finished) and White Sox hitters approach the game.

They said the Red Sox hitters were much more patient and worked deeper into counts... and that the White Sox were much more notorious first ball hitters who went up to the plate swinging and didn't walk much.

Sounds about right.

Funny thing is, aren't we like 10th in the league in BBs and 1st in the league in the least amount of SOs or something like that? Hell the sox got 3 BBs in this game to TB's 1 though I know what TB is saying. I would think it applied more-so in other years than this one.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)
Its interesting Viciedo moved back to 3B in Charlotte. Wasn't he playing first? I think KW knows this Teahen thing isn't going to improve much.

:huh:

He's been playing 1B for quite a bit now. In fact.. he's playing 1B as we speak for Charlotte.