5/27 GT: Sox @ Tampa Bay - 6:10pm CDT

T R U

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Funny thing is, aren't we like 10th in the league in BBs and 1st in the league in the least amount of SOs or something like that? Hell the sox got 3 BBs in this game to TB's 1 though I know what TB is saying. I would think it applied more-so in other years than this one.

Nah, that's the definition of our team. First-pitch homerun or nothing. Never have I seen a team that is so eager to get out of the box.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
I believe only Santos, Thornton and Jenks have lower ERA's than Linebrink coming into today's game.

Jenks? Lol? His ERA is over 6. You must be thinking this is 2006 again.

EDIT: I'm ASSUMING now that you meant DANKS, cause JENKS is g.a.r.b.a.g.e.

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
Its interesting Viciedo moved back to 3B in Charlotte. Wasn't he playing first? I think KW knows this Teahen thing isn't going to improve much.

He's played 80% of his games at 1B this year.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 27, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Jenks? Lol? His ERA is over 6. You must be thinking this is 2006 again.

EDIT: I'm ASSUMING now that you meant DANKS, cause JENKS is g.a.r.b.a.g.e.

Danks is what I meant. Jenks would have a low ERA if he got to face Jordan Danks all the time.

They need to stop this “It’s Black and White” ad campaign. It might be the most bland, humorless, buzz kill of a sequence of ads I’ve ever seen produced. There’s literally no personality there.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
They need to stop this “It’s Black and White” ad campaign. It might be the most humorless, buzz kill of a sequence of ads I’ve ever seen produced. There’s literally no personality there.

Agreed. Easily the worst ad campaign in the last few years.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2010 -> 02:33 AM)
They need to stop this “It’s Black and White” ad campaign. It might be the most bland, humorless, buzz kill of a sequence of ads I’ve ever seen produced. There’s literally no personality there.

Kind of like the team.

Flowers and Jordan Danks have only added to the misery of this season. Hopefully they can turn it around and amount to something. Danks 2 I've always had my doubts about, but I thought Flowers had a great chance to be a decent hitter, maybe a Mickey Tettleton type. He has some work to do.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 27, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Agreed. Easily the worst ad campaign in the last few years.

Yeah I always wondered if Hawk wrote some of the commercials.

"When you join the White Sox, you don't join a team, you join a mindset." Then they go on and speak about the White Sox organization like they have had a Yankee like history. That's so Hawk.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Yeah I always wondered if Hawk wrote some of the commercials.

"When you join the White Sox, you don't join a team, you join a mindset." Then they go on and speak about the White Sox organization like they have had a Yankee like history. That's so Hawk.

And for some reason I always think it's Jake Peavy doing the voice overs.