5/27 Games

danman31

Flowers, Retherford and Danks all struggling mightily.

If we didn't have Hudson, Viciedo, Thompson, Morel and Mitchell recovering, we'd be really depressed.

Maurice Gartrell continues to fly under the radar, 3/1/2/4 tonight, almost back to 800 OPS.

Ozzie Lewis with W-S is another player who's opening a few eyes with his results.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 27, 2010 -> 06:16 PM)
Tyler's K-rate is becoming rather scary.

I feel really sorry for most of the knights hitters that have Gary Ward as their hitting coach.

What is crazy is that Brent Lillibridge is hitting like he deserves another shot at the bigs.

Brandon Short last 2 games.. 0-8, 6 Ks. :ph34r:

Edited by SoxAce

I am pretty sure we have the worst farm system in baseball now. When out of your so-called top six prospects: Hudson, Mitchell, Flowers, Danks, Morel and Viciedo (since there is a clear drop after those six coming into the year) one is having a great year, two solid years, two bad years and one out of the year, you system is going to decrease in the rankings. Add in the s*** we have minus those guys and it's bad. I am not even excited about Hudson or Viciedo because I just view them as White Sox prospects who will come up the majors and suck. Then, either toil in the minors or get traded.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 27, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
I am pretty sure we have the worst farm system in baseball now. When out of your so-called top six prospects: Hudson, Mitchell, Flowers, Danks, Morel and Viciedo (since there is a clear drop after those six coming into the year) one is having a great year, two solid years, two bad years and one out of the year, you system is going to decrease in the rankings. Add in the s*** we have minus those guys and it's bad. I am not even excited about Hudson or Viciedo because I just view them as White Sox prospects who will come up the majors and suck. Then, either toil in the minors or get traded.

Thompson might end up being a bust or far better than all of those names (combined).

Escobar has a good chance to be a quality player, with some decent punch and "plus" defense at SS.

Nathan Jones and Santos Rodriguez have intriguing arms.

I've enjoyed following Short, Gilmore, Greene, etc., at W-S this year.

I think we're somewhere between 23-27th, in all honesty.

It's all about Hudson, Flowers, Viciedo, and Morel it seems.

W-S offense coming back to earth. Sauer settling down and looking better though.

So far, looking at the top 25 prospects in the organization, there are a lot more disappointing years that not. And only a few pleasant surprises or names that have popped up from the blue. Terry Doyle is a guy I didn't pay much attention to before, but he's becoming interesting.

LOL. Wow, tell us how you really feel, maggs.

QUOTE (daggins @ May 28, 2010 -> 02:51 AM)
It's hard to think of a system with less potential impact players, really. Cardinals and D-Backs, Houston and Toronto are close... anyone else?

Houston? Yes. Not sure about Toronto. But I wouldn't lump the Cardinals and D-Backs in there with us. If their systems are a little thin right now, it's because they've either graduated or been able to spin off homegrown talent for proven talent. Neither one of those teams have a problem producing talent from within.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:24 AM)
LOL. Wow, tell us how you really feel, maggs.

Houston? Yes. Not sure about Toronto. But I wouldn't lump the Cardinals and D-Backs in there with us. If their systems are a little thin right now, it's because they've either graduated or been able to spin off homegrown talent for proven talent. Neither one of those teams have a problem producing talent from within.

I still think there is a "class" of players that was mostly in Kanny last year, and is mostly in W-S this year, that has some guys in it worth watching. Too early to tell how many of them are going to be impact guys though. That group is even better when you consider that Mitchell would be in there too if he hadn't been injured.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
I still think there is a "class" of players that was mostly in Kanny last year, and is mostly in W-S this year, that has some guys in it worth watching. Too early to tell how many of them are going to be impact guys though. That group is even better when you consider that Mitchell would be in there too if he hadn't been injured.

I still think Mitchell would've been in B'ham.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 28, 2010 -> 07:46 AM)
Terry Doyle is a guy I didn't pay much attention to before, but he's becoming interesting.

Meh.. talk to me when he's doing this in AA/AAA. He is still too old for the league in W-S. I "pay" attention in him enough to see if he is still striking out guys at a great rate. Maybe that goes to show how special Huddy was last year and is now/still pitching in AAA a year and a few months younger than Doyle.

Edited by SoxAce