Kobe Bryant

Soxplosion

So now the charges have been elevated to rape. This is bad. What do you think should happen?

If the accuser is really just lying, or over dramatizing, for attention, I am going to be very mad. If she consented to sex with Bryant and then yelled rape, Im also gonna be pissed. If she did this, I think she deserves to be smeared all over the internet as a whore and other dirty things.

If she is telling the truth tho, I think she deserves respect. Rape is a very serious matter, not to mention perverted and desperate. If Bryant just committed adultery, I dont think anything should happen (Vanessa could leave if she wanted to tho) but Ill never respect Bryant again. If Bryant is committed of sexual molestation, he should do some time.

If Bryant is convicted of rape, I think he should get put away for life. This is the maximum punishment. In the past, weve gone too weak on entertainers and athletes because of an "elevated" position in society. Its time we make an example of someone.

I also respect Vannessa for sticking to Kobes side thru all this...

So now the charges have been elevated to rape. This is bad. What do you think should happen?

If the accuser is really just lying, or over dramatizing, I am going to be very mad. If she consented to sex with Bryant and then yelled rape, Im also gonna be pissed. If she did this, I think she deserves to be smeared all over the internet as a whore and other dirty things.

If she is telling the truth tho, I think she deserves respect. Rape is a very serious matter, not to mention perverted and desperate. If Bryant just committed adultery, I dont think anything should happen (Vanessa could leave if she wanted to tho) but Ill never respect Bryant again. If Bryant is committed of sexual molestation, he should do some time.

If Bryant is convicted of rape, I think he should get put away for life. This is the maximum punishment. In the past, weve gone too weak on entertainers and athletes because of an "elevated" position in society. Its time we make an example of someone.

Agree on all points.

Thank you clu. Whens the hearing? And then theres a half year waiting period until the trial right? So then the trial would be after, or in the middle of the basketball season. Would he spend the time until then in jail or doing whatever he wants, such as playing with the Lakers?

Thank you clu. Whens the hearing? And then theres a half year waiting period until the trial right? So then the trial would be after, or in the middle of the basketball season. Would he spend the time until then in jail or doing whatever he wants, such as playing with the Lakers?

Hes going to play. Hes Kobe Bryant. If it were you or i, we would be jobless and or in jail, for sure.

August 6, which is next Wednesday I believe. And yes, there's a 4-6 month waiting period. Not sure if that's from the time of the hearing, or the time the charges were pressed. I THINK it's from the time the charges were pressed, but I'm not certain.

And no, he will not spend time in jail (most likely), and he will be allowed to play if he so chooses.

Hes going to play. Hes Kobe Bryant.  If it were you or i, we would be jobless and or in jail, for sure.

No way. He's out on bail -- his employer can't fire him because of charges, and people don't stay in jail when they're simply accused of something (unless it's murder, a la OJ Simpson).

Thats what pisses me off. Didnt the Declaration of Independence say that all men are created equal? So now live up to that. If this happens to the garbage man and he spends the waiting period in prison, do the same for Kobe. I honestly would say the same for Frank. Im glad Frank Thomas has been mature and smart enough to stay out of such a situation. And if you let Kobe getaway with rape, think of what other athletes are going to think.

"Hey! Look at that! Kobe got away with rape. That chicks pretty hot! Im gonna go rape her..."

Now think what would happen if Kobe got life in prison:

"Oh shes hot. But remember Kobe? Yay-uh. Lets keep walkin fellas..."

Ya see my point?

Thats what pisses me off. Didnt the Declaration of Independence say that all men are created equal? So now live up to that. If this happens to the garbage man and he spends the waiting period in prison, do the same for Kobe. I honestly would say the same for Frank. Im glad Frank Thomas has been mature and smart enough to stay out of such a situation. And if you let Kobe getaway with rape, think of what other athletes are going to think.

"Hey! Look at that! Kobe got away with rape. That chicks pretty hot! Im gonna go rape her..."

Ya see my point?

Umm...a garbage man wouldn't spend the waiting period in prison, unless he couldn't afford the bail. The bail was "only" $25,000, so pretty much any person could afford that (since bail bondsmen only make you pay 10% of it, and they put up the other 90%, I believe). Kobe is not getting preferential treatment in that respect, unless I am way off base.

No way.  He's out on bail -- his employer can't fire him because of charges, and people don't stay in jail when they're simply accused of something (unless it's murder, a la OJ Simpson).

No way hes going to play? :huh:

And what if he knows he guilty and will be convicted. Couldnt he leave the country, a la Mark Rich? Whats going to stop him? If he goes to Mexico, hes gone. American murderers live openly in Mexico and dont come back...

No way hes going to play?  :huh:

And what if he knows he guilty and will be convicted. Couldnt he leave the country, a la Mark Rich? Whats going to stop him? If he goes to Mexico, hes gone. American murderers live openly in Mexico and dont come back...

Kobe isn't a murder so he would be back in Mexico.

Ya see my point?

Umm...a garbage man wouldn't spend the waiting period in prison, unless he couldn't afford the bail. The bail was "only" $25,000, so pretty much any person could afford that (since bail bondsmen only make you pay 10% of it, and they put up the other 90%, I believe). Kobe is not getting preferential treatment in that respect, unless I am way off base.

BMR said anyone else would be in jail...

If the accuser is really just lying, or over dramatizing, for attention, I am going to be very mad. If she consented to sex with Bryant and then yelled rape, Im also gonna be pissed. If she did this, I think she deserves to be smeared all over the internet as a whore and other dirty things.

Still class 3 sexual assult according to the state of Colorado.

Kobe isn't a murder so he would be back in Mexico.

Huh? What Im saying is, murder is worse even than rape of course. And if a convicted murderer (yeah some escaped to Mexico after being convicted here) can live openly in Mexico, whats going to stop a man whos only ACCUSED of rape from going there?

Huh? What Im saying is, murder is worse even than rape of course. And if a convicted murderer (yeah some escaped to Mexico after being convicted here) can live openly in Mexico, whats going to stop a man whos only ACCUSED of rape from going there?

Mexico does not return escapees to the US who are facing the DP. A rapist usually doesn't get the DP (that I'm aware of but I'm sure there will be some bored idiot who will correct me if I am wrong...) So, those who are facing the DP in the US can live in Mexico without being bothered by the Mexican government.

Ya see my point?

BMR said anyone else would be in jail...

LOL s*** what do i know........... ;)

No...Kobe is going to play, unless something weird happens. The season starts in November, and the trial likely won't start until January or February. He maybe could even play during the trial (I don't know if the defendant is req'd to be in court or not), but that likely wouldn't happen -- it would look bad.

Mexico does not return escapees to the US who are facing the DP. A rapist usually doesn't get the DP (that I'm aware of but I'm sure there will be some bored idiot who will correct me if I am wrong...) So, those who are facing the DP in the US can live in Mexico without being bothered by the Mexican government.

That is correct. Kobe "only" faces life in prison, so the Mexican gov't would likely be cooperative if he were to flee -- but that won't happen. That's why he was granted bail in the first place -- he's a "low flight risk", which means he's unlikely to run and hide. The reasoning behind that is he's such a big star that it would be virtually impossible for him to disappear, whereas Joe Blow could do it fairly easily.

I thought I read somewhere that it was rape...

Steff beat me to it :D

Oh, so most of the murderers I hear of in Mexico are facing the DP but as a rapist Kobe is not. I think Kobe, if convicted of rape, should be in prison for atleast 15 years. Give him life with the possibility of parole. But none of this crap where he paroles after two years. If he gets parole, let him get it after spending a good time in prison...

Thats really, really stupid on Mexicos part. They keep the most dangerous ones in there country but they return the less dangerous thugs. Does that make any sense at all? Return the guys that will kill you. If ya wanna keep any, only keep those that will rob you. I wouldnt keep any at all, but if you do, go with the second option...

I thought I read somewhere that it was rape...

Class 3 sexual assault in CO = rape. It's the same thing, just different wording.

Thats really, really stupid on Mexicos part. They keep the most dangerous ones in there country but they return the less dangerous thugs. Does that make any sense at all? Return the guys that will kill you. If ya wanna keep any, only keep those that will rob you. I wouldnt keep any at all, but if you do, go with the second option...

They don't believe in Capitol Punishment. Not many counties besides us do actually... is that right..? Someone who knows for sure..