Ozzie and KW - what will happen?

NorthSideSox72

Ozzie vs KW  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you WANT to send out of their roles by season's end?

• Ozzie
    • KW (out of GM job, either gone or moving up)
    • Both
    • Neither
  2. 2. Who WILL be out of their roles by season's end?

• Ozzie
    • KW (out of GM job, either gone or moving up)
    • Both
    • Neither

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 28, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
That's got to be one extremely small sample size. And Price is a lot better this year anyway.

The Sox picked up 3 runs and drove Price from the game after 5 earlier this year in 1 of his 2 losses.

Up until a few weeks ago I woulda said neither in both categories but Ozzie's time here should come to an end, but unfortunately for us it won't. I have zero issue with Kenny sticking around. I also wouldn't be pissed if they went in another direction or if Kenny was promoted.

QUOTE (joeynach @ May 28, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
This is from MLBtraderumors.com

"ESPN.com's Buster Olney has heard that Ozzie Guillen and White Sox GM Kenny Williams do not have a good relationship at this point."

And Buster has heard it from the same place we all heard it, in the Tribune this morning.

I want Ozzie gone only because he misuses guys a little too much. And he sticks to his lefty, righty matchup so strongly, he'll bench a better player. KW has always shown me he's willing to go after the big fish as well as the diamonds in the rough. He's an agressive GM and I love that about him.

In the end though, neither will be gone next year. Maybe after next year if they are teh suck again.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 28, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
I think that Oz will be reassigned to Latin America scouting - perhaps working with Krause and Bell. I think that he'd be a natural at teaching the latin kids fundamentals and finding talent.

Ozzie would never, ever do that.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 28, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
And a manager around the all star break/start of the 2012 season at the latest.

I only speculated on the scouting/Latin America job because Ozzie has always talked about loyalty to the Sox and that he liked the organization.

I can see the point of him wanting to stay in the majors, though. The money's too good.