Sox vs. Rays @ 6:10 Johnny Danks (4-3 2.37) vs Wade Davis (4-4 4.01)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 29, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
That's a sign of a top of the rotation -- ACE -- pitcher. It's game over when he's on and he finds a way to get outs when he doesn't have it. It's really what separates him from someone like Gavin Floyd.

C'mon. Floyd will be fine.

Everyone rips him and then he inevitably goes for 6-8 weeks where he's the best pitcher in the AL. Has Danks already come close to having 3 no-hitters?

And the defense never plays well behind him, either.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 29, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
If he snaps out of it, returns to his 2008 form, and stays healthy, he still hits 30+.

I'll say False until he earns my confidence again. It's like saying I won't believe in G*d until I see a miracle.

Well, I guess a lot of the baseball world would fall into the Doubting Thomas category w/ Quentin at this point.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 29, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
C'mon. Floyd will be fine.

Everyone rips him and then he inevitably goes for 6-8 weeks where he's the best pitcher in the AL. Has Danks already come close to having 3 no-hitters?

And the defense never plays well behind him, either.

I'm not ripping Floyd, I think he's a good pitcher but if he can't get his curve over or he's leaving it up he's pretty much f***ed. It's impressive to have a no hitter going into the 8th when you have your absolute best stuff but it's even more impressive when you manage to pick up a quality start despite having absolutely nothing out there.

Ground ball to Beckham. Beckham freezes the guy at 3rd, then throws to 3rd rather than taking the out at first, Brignac beats the throw back to 3b, no outs, first and 3rd.

Teahen failed to keep the glove on Brignac at 3b even thoguh Brignac stumbled. D1 with the angry arm shrug.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 29, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
Holy f***ing stupid.

Seriously Becks, you had your chance to be the hero last inning.

Bunt, Kotsay fields it and tries the glove flip to home, the ball comes in high, Brignac scores underneath it.

3-2 Rays. Last 2 plays are all on the Sox D.

Two very bad decisions defensively.

Now Danks looks to 3rd, nobody's there....he who hesitates is lost.

Groundball, two bunts, no outs in the inning.

Speed kills. Beckham and Kotsay both made the wrong moves, Beckham to go to third and Kotsay to try to go to the glove flip.

Danks at 80 pitches and Pena warming...we have to keep this game within 2 runs.

Edited by caulfield12