Sox vs. Rays @ 6:10 Johnny Danks (4-3 2.37) vs Wade Davis (4-4 4.01)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 29, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
Bad defense is killing us.

Not bad, stupid. They fielded the balls they needed to and then made the wrong decisions. Bad defense, to me, is throwing it away. Stupid defense is throwing the ball to the wrong spot.

It seems we're going to oscillate back and forth between 5-8 games under .500 and 6-9 games back for the whole season.

This year just sucks...we might as well tank and hope to get another Beckham in the Top 5 picks, if we can find someone who JR is willing to give a signing bonus (yes, I know we gave money to Borchard, Viciedo and Beckham, and stupidly to Lance Broadway).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 29, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
It seems we're going to oscillate back and forth between 5-8 games under .500 and 6-9 games back for the whole season.

I don't think that's going to be the case. The White Sox, Tigers, and Twins have all been treading water the last week (5-5, 4-6, and 5-5 records); we've had help because the Twins have been playing the Yankees and the Yankees have their number.

All 3 teams aren't likely to play .500 ball much longer.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 29, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
We have a few innings before we even get to the pen....

Yeah, but that pen has been dynamite, and if Davis gets in enough trouble that they'd have to worry about losing a 6-2 lead, we'll have to do the damage against their pen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 29, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
Brignac singles up the middle. That'll be the game for D1, lasted 4+ innings and here comes TPain.

Ahh, this is a shame. This was the one game where the pitching matchup clearly favored us, and Danksy wet the bed. Need to get a good start out of JP tomorrow.