GT: White Sox @ Rays, 5/30 12:40 CDT, WGN

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
Cmon. His pitch count was fine. A good pitcher would have smoked through the sixth with that new cushion.

All you had to do is watch the 5th to see that Peavy was out of gas and lucky to be getting outs. Good job Santos!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 30, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
And Jake is one of those guys many would have expected to be included in that list. And if he has 7 or 8 wins by now that means our record against Cleveland would most likely be better too since he would have pitched to them a couple times st least by now.

If he had 7 or 8 wins right now he would be one of the best pitchers in the league, I just think that's asking a little much especially when many didn't even know how he was going to translate to the AL..

and while I agree it would sure be nice if Peavy wasn't crap this season, we cant play as bad against teams like Cleveland.. I think thats a little more important..

But he's not a good pitcher right now.

If you guys think Peavy should not have come out for that inning considering who he is and how highly paid he is and what his pitch count was ... we'll have to agree to disagree.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
If you guys think Peavy should not have come out for that inning considering who he is and how highly paid he is and what his pitch count was ... we'll have to agree to disagree.

Be honest, do you watch the games? Between this conversation and the Jenks arguments you try to make, I'm convinced you've bought into Ozzie's philosophy of just reading the back of the baseball card and not using your own eyes.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
Be honest, do you watch the games? Between this conversation and the Jenks arguments you try to make, I'm convinced you've bought into Ozzie's philosophy of just reading the back of the baseball card and not using your own eyes.

Peavy should have come out after he gave up the single to Upton.. I didnt have a problem with him starting the inning

Yes I'm watching this game.

Peavy is a piece of s*** this season, but no manager in baseball would not have let him start that inning.

Then he whiffed the first guy before he returned to s***tiness gave up two singles and properly was taken out.

You are insane if you think my argument is not as good as you guys on this issue. Stoney in the inning after the first hit said, "Ozzie should watch him closely now."