AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

It's a nice win, but I can't help but feel that we should be coming home with a better result than this. We've got to start making a move and getting back in this thing, not treading water.

The bats are starting to come alive, now we just need the SP to get their act together and we'll be rolling a bit.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 30, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
No one wants to mention Jayson Nix? Well, i'll do it. JAYSON f***ING NIX!!!!! Also, those back to back great defensive plays by Vizquel and Pierre were a joy to see.

We were all holding off so you could do it, TBolt!

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 30, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
Today, Nix finally backed up my talk. We'll see if he can sustain this for any prolonged period of time.

I don't think you're the only one to have backed him on this board though...

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 30, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
I think anyone before this series would take a split in a heartbeat

I guess, perhaps people who don't have a realistic vision on what's needed to actually catch up to the twins might take a split

A split w/ the Rays would mean something if we were tied with the Twins or maybe a couple games out, but we're flirting with 6-8 games back.

When you get to that kind of deficit, you can't say "Well I'll take a split", because .500 isn't good enough when you're in that kind of hole.

This team dug itself into an early grave and splitting 4 game series and going win/loss/win/loss/win/loss/loss/loss/win/loss all year isn't going to do s***.

I think some people need to think more realistic about what kind of situation the Sox are in, they absolutely HAVE to play .600+ ball the rest of the year to, IMO, even stand a chance at winning the division

flame away

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 30, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
I don't think you're the only one to have backed him on this board though...

I know. I've just been obnoxiously vocal in my support. I was looking like a jackass for a while, still probably do, but it was still great to see him come through for all of us.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 30, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
No one wants to mention Jayson Nix? Well, i'll do it. JAYSON f***ING NIX!!!!! Also, those back to back great defensive plays by Vizquel and Pierre were a joy to see.

After today, only him and Gordo are below .200.

QUOTE (Real @ May 30, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
I guess, perhaps people who don't have a realistic vision on what's needed to actually catch up to the twins might take a split

A split w/ the Rays would mean something if we were tied with the Twins or maybe a couple games out, but we're flirting with 6-8 games back.

When you get to that kind of deficit, you can't say "Well I'll take a split", because .500 isn't good enough when you're in that kind of hole.

This team dug itself into an early grave and splitting 4 game series and going win/loss/win/loss/win/loss/loss/loss/win/loss all year isn't going to do s***.

I think some people need to think more realistic about what kind of situation the Sox are in, they absolutely HAVE to play .600+ ball the rest of the year to, IMO, even stand a chance at winning the division

flame away

No, I agree with this. I'm one of the few who likes this roster, but I'll admit, it's time to put up or shut up. Splitting series is not acceptable if we expect to get back into the race. We need to start beating teams, even if they are teams we are not necessarily supposed to beat, if we do indeed want to get ourselves back in this race. A split to me was disappointing.