Natchez Trace Parkway

Texsox

This summer it looks like I'll be following the Natchez Trace Parkway for much of my trip up to Chicago. Anyone visit any of the spots along the way? We're planning on traveling the entire length from Natchez to Nashville with at least one side trip to Vicksburg.

When I was a kid my family loaded up the RV and went from Central Illinois down to Natchez. I'm pretty sure we hit up that parkway. Also stopped in Vicksburg. As a 14-15 year old, Vicksburg was awesome, especially in the summer. Buy the drive along CD and you can get the history of the battle with the convenience of the AC. And you can get out to look at anything you find interesting (there's quite a bit to see). Natchez was ok if you're into looking at really old (but cool) plantation mansions. A lot of them have "actors" playing the roles of the original owners/slaves/workmen, to give you a little more history.

Cool, thanks

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
When I was a kid my family loaded up the RV and went from Central Illinois down to Natchez. I'm pretty sure we hit up that parkway. Also stopped in Vicksburg. As a 14-15 year old, Vicksburg was awesome, especially in the summer. Buy the drive along CD and you can get the history of the battle with the convenience of the AC. And you can get out to look at anything you find interesting (there's quite a bit to see). Natchez was ok if you're into looking at really old (but cool) plantation mansions. A lot of them have "actors" playing the roles of the original owners/slaves/workmen, to give you a little more history.