June Catch All White Sox Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
Even if he is part of the problem, so what? He'd still be 100% right in wanting out if the Sox went into rebuilding mode. s***, he even worded it as a hypothetical situation. And no, I'm not reaching at all, that's basically what you're saying: if you're not performing you shouldn't be answering media queries, there's like 5 guys on the club right now who haven't been part of the problem.

AJ plays like s*** for 2 months then suggests that trade rumors have affected his play on the field. Well the only reason there are trade rumors is because the team isn't winning and his s*** play has played a part in the team losing. Seems like he shouldn't be running his mouth in this manor based on what I'm reading in this thread.

Wayne Manor?

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
Twins feeling the pinch? Down 7-0 to the Braves and lost yesterday too

Good teams will lose games too, especially to other good teams. I highly doubt the White Sox are even on the Twins radar at this moment.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
I just won 2 tickets to tonight's game, but as I'm at my sisters house I have no chance to go back home to get my Sox gear.

Anywhere I can buy a Sox t-shirt anywhere in Wrigleyville?

I'm sure that there are those semi-tasteless ones for sale around the park.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
I just won 2 tickets to tonight's game, but as I'm at my sisters house I have no chance to go back home to get my Sox gear.

Anywhere I can buy a Sox t-shirt anywhere in Wrigleyville?

There is a store right over by Wrigley Field that sells mostly Cubs stuff, but they have stuff from all teams. I am sure they will have some things in there.

I think it's right across the street from the Cubby Bear.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
There is a store right over by Wrigley Field that sells mostly Cubs stuff, but they have stuff from all teams. I am sure they will have some things in there.

I think it's right across the street from the Cubby Bear.

Thanks guys!

Could White Sox Stand Pat?

By Zach Links [June 13 at 8:55pm CST]

Tonight, the White Sox are looking to win their fifth straight game as they take on the Cubs at Wrigley Field. While the club sits in the middle of the AL Central, manager Ozzie Guillen seems to think that his club might be turning a corner:

''What's the [trade] deadline, July 31?'' Guillen said to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times on Saturday. ''That's a long time, that's a long way. I said before we started this long homestand -- counting the Cubs [at Wrigley Field], too, because we're still in Chicago -- we have to give [General Manager] Kenny [Williams], [assistant GM] Rick [Hahn] and [chairman] Jerry [Reinsdorf] an idea of what kind of ballclub we have."

While Guillen would be more than happy to keep his core together, GM Kenny Williams has made it known that he does not necessarily feel the same way. While Williams doesn't appear ready to conduct a fire sale, he does sound like he is ready to make some changes. Several executives told ESPN's Buster Olney that the club is willing to deal.

The White Sox have several pieces that could be attractive to teams as we near the deadline. Several bullpen arms, including Bobby Jenks and J.J. Putz, could be trade candidates. Catcher A.J. Pierzynski, who is in the final year of his contract, says that he would be open to a trade. If they do go through with a rebuilding effort, Jake Peavy has said that he would prefer to be dealt.

All signs seem to be pointing to the White Sox making some significant deals before the deadline, though Guillen's latest comments imply that the team can still win the front office over.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/coul...-stand-pat.html

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
I saw that Jake Fox was DFA'd by the A's. I was a huge fan of his last years. Could be a good bat to acquire for nothing if we go young.

I'm with you on that one. Talk about a guy who seemed to hit the ball hard... I only saw him now and then when I'd turn on the Cubs games, but everytime I saw him bat it seemed as if he hit the ball very hard.

If he can be had for next to nothing, I'd rather see him on the team than Kotsay or even Quentin at this point.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:31 AM)
Strasburg should get a kick out of watching video of our offense as he prepares for Friday. We can't hit mediocre pitchers.

We need the return of Brian Anderson for that game.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
I'm with you on that one. Talk about a guy who seemed to hit the ball hard... I only saw him now and then when I'd turn on the Cubs games, but everytime I saw him bat it seemed as if he hit the ball very hard.

If he can be had for next to nothing, I'd rather see him on the team than Kotsay or even Quentin at this point.

Did you really just spend an entire thread bashing Tyler Flowers and then preceded to say that Jake Fox would be a viable option for this team?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
Did you really just spend an entire thread bashing Tyler Flowers and then preceded to say that Jake Fox would be a viable option for this team?

He hits the ball hard though..

Nevermind the Cubs didn't want him and the A's didn't want him either, but he would fit perfect starting somewhere for us..

I didn't get to post in the game thread yesterday, but what a great performance by Floyd last night. I'm hoping this is a sign that he's turning it around. Plus, good call by Ozzie to pinch hit with Pierre. When I saw him up, I was concerned (lefty on lefty), but I saw Pierre's history against Lilly and felt better. It's too bad that Konerko and Carlos "Pop-up" Quentin couldn't get the job done.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
He hits the ball hard though..

Nevermind the Cubs didn't want him and the A's didn't want him either, but he would fit perfect starting somewhere for us..

The Cubs wanted him, but they had to give him up in order to shed Miles' contract.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 06:24 AM)
I didn't get to post in the game thread yesterday, but what a great performance by Floyd last night. I'm hoping this is a sign that he's turning it around. Plus, good call by Ozzie to pinch hit with Pierre. When I saw him up, I was concerned (lefty on lefty), but I saw Pierre's history against Lilly and felt better. It's too bad that Konerko and Carlos "Pop-up" Quentin couldn't get the job done.

Don't forget Alexei. You can't give him a pass.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 08:44 AM)
Don't forget Alexei. You can't give him a pass.

No, you're right. I must have blocked that at-bat from my memory it disturbed me so much. I realize the bunt was taken away because of the balk, but he's got to get the job done there. A fricking fly ball to the outfield.