June Catch All White Sox Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, I'm fine with sitting one starting player every game. But when you start having lineups that resemble split-squad games, you're just throwing away games. And spare me the "it worked on Saturday with Peavy". Sure, if Gavin goes out and throws a shut out, he could have 9 Gordon Beckhams in the lineup and still have a great chance to win.

What was wrong with today's lineup? I assume Lilly was the guy who angered you today. Beckham hasn't exactly resembled Joe Morgan in his prime.

Oz's handling of Rios has been pretty good. Give the guy a rest once in a while.

Someday the White Sox will field a perfect team every day and please everybody.

Edited by greg775

Just wanted to point out that Jenks is now tied for the MLB lead in Save Percentage. Not that he is having a tremendous year on the mound or anything but he is still quite effective in closing out games.

I think he should receive serious all star consideration with Rios and Paulie, but it'll just be Rios IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:02 AM)
I think he should receive serious all star consideration with Rios and Paulie, but it'll just be Rios IMO.

We know you do but you also don't watch any other teams play except for the Royals. You're not a good judge of which relief pitchers are putting up excellent stats.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:02 AM)

If Feliz, Soriano, Valverde, Soria, Rauch, Rivera, & Bailey are all named to the All-Star team, then after that, yeah, Bobby does deserve serious consideration.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 03:01 AM)
What was wrong with today's lineup? I assume Lilly was the guy who angered you today. Beckham hasn't exactly resembled Joe Morgan in his prime.

Oz's handling of Rios has been pretty good. Give the guy a rest once in a while.

Someday the White Sox will field a perfect team every day and please everybody.

Kotsay hitting 3rd, Rios resting for the 3rd day out of 6.

Lillibridge and Viciedo playing I have no problem with.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
Kotsay hitting 3rd, Rios resting for the 3rd day out of 6.

Lillibridge and Viciedo playing I have no problem with.

Just for the record, Kotsay has 9 at-bats in the 3 spot this year. Yeah, it's dumb but it's not like it's a regular occurrence. And frankly, it worked yesterday.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
It just manifested itself in tied ballgames which are arguably more important than save situations.

See how you just end up arguing the same s*** over and over?

Yeah those 3 tie games he's pitched (1 left in a tie, 2 left down) in surely will decide the season.

Just for the record, Kotsay has 9 at-bats in the 3 spot this year. Yeah, it's dumb but it's not like it's a regular occurrence. And frankly, it worked yesterday.

Many don't care if it works. They think it's dumb, then it's dumb.

Also I see no response on the fact Bobby has pitched in a whopping 3 tie games. Thanks for looking that one up.

Again, the perception is he sucks, so he sucks.

Bobby rocks. Kotsay sucks but he's on the roster. I happen to think Jones sucks as well, but they are both gonna play.

Jenksy Cat had the line of year here shutting up the Bobby haters:

"Yeah those 3 tie games he's pitched (1 left in a tie, 2 left down) in surely will decide the season."

Cat is my idol!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
Yeah those 3 tie games he's pitched (1 left in a tie, 2 left down) in surely will decide the season.

With the AL Central being decided on the last weekend of play so many times in the past few years you're probably right.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
So Sqwert, basically you want the closer to be perfect.

Bobby's not perfect, so yes, you guys win the argument. But it's an insane standard to live up to.

I give him all the credit in the world for turning it around in recent weeks but he was awful before that. Hopefully he keeps it up the rest of the way because we'll need him.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
banner.jpg

Anyone else bothered by the circled area or is my OCD acting up again?

I'll admit, I am more bothered by the fact that Danksy looks like he is taking it in the pooper and that Mark looks like he is enjoying telling AJ all about it...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
Many don't care if it works. They think it's dumb, then it's dumb.

Also I see no response on the fact Bobby has pitched in a whopping 3 tie games. Thanks for looking that one up.

Again, the perception is he sucks, so he sucks.

Bobby rocks. Kotsay sucks but he's on the roster. I happen to think Jones sucks as well, but they are both gonna play.

Jenksy Cat had the line of year here shutting up the Bobby haters:

"Yeah those 3 tie games he's pitched (1 left in a tie, 2 left down) in surely will decide the season."

Cat is my idol!

I raise you this:

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
With the AL Central being decided on the last weekend of play so many times in the past few years you're probably right.

And I repeat that if you are burying him for one possible game in the standings then lets go through the entire roster and see how many games a certain player has blown.

If you guys want perfect players, more power to you. You'll win the argument every time if you are looking for perfection.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
And I repeat that if you are burying him for one possible game in the standings then lets go through the entire roster and see how many games a certain player has blown.

If you guys want perfect players, more power to you. You'll win the argument every time if you are looking for perfection.

It's more about burying the logic he was using. And you cant really deny Jenks has been bad in non-save situations the past few years. He's been great lately but he's not at the level he was a few years ago anymore IMO

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
I'm not sure what the reason is, but I find Ed Farmer a lot easier to listen to this year.

He's talking less.

Unfortunately, that means more DJ. And more DJ = BAD.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)

Because it isn't like the last two seasons have been decided by a game 163 in the AL Central or anything...