Mark Teahen to the DL, Lillibridge Recalled

CSF

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
Why not just have Morel fill in Lilli's spot?

I'm sad that CJ has been struggling, as he is probably my favorite farm hand for the sheer fact that he's a huge overachiever because of his work ethic.

Edit: Just dawned on me that means Gordon is probably being sent down, to play 2nd, and Lilli's spot is being taken by Morel after all.

My theory is that Kenny will use Morel as a trading chip (later this month perhaps) and wants to keep him in the minors so that he does not expose his flaws.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
My theory is that Kenny will use Morel as a trading chip (later this month perhaps) and wants to keep him in the minors so that he does not expose his flaws.

Typically, if Kw's doing that, I don't think the guy gets a promotion up to AAA, I feel like we start wondering why he's sitting at one level. Case in point: Gio, Carter, both could have been promoted but we held back and kept their numbers up at the level they were beating.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 06:16 PM)

Morel's a better asset to the Sox than he is as a trade chip.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
I puked all over my keyboard. If there is a player in our minors who has proven is he more completely worthless at the MLB level than Lillibridge I'd like to find him. He is garbage. BLAH.

I couldn't agree more, I was shocked when I saw people happy to see him being promoted again.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
I puked all over my keyboard. If there is a player in our minors who has proven is he more completely worthless at the MLB level than Lillibridge I'd like to find him. He is garbage. BLAH.

To be fair, 109 PAs isn't much of a sample size.

Not saying I want him up. But I don't think it would be the absolute worst thing in the world to see if he's made any legitimate improvements from last year.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
At 3b, that might be generous.

I make a lot of excuses for Nix, but I think he’s manageable at 3b. The numbers support that’s he’s at least average, the eye test has him looking wobbly with flashes of brilliance. If Ozzie gives him the time, he might even develop into an above-average 3b. I think we might as well use the time that’s Teahen out to see him he can actually adjust.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
Typically, if Kw's doing that, I don't think the guy gets a promotion up to AAA, I feel like we start wondering why he's sitting at one level. Case in point: Gio, Carter, both could have been promoted but we held back and kept their numbers up at the level they were beating.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
Morel's a better asset to the Sox than he is as a trade chip.

Agreed on these. Morel has never been high on the prospect lists, but I've felt all along he's better than that. Not to say that Kenny won't trade him if someone wants him bad enough, but I really think that if Teahen continues to struggle this season, and Morel looks good in Charlotte, he's this team's starting 3B in 2011.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
Why can't Beckham be moved to third and Nix second? I know it is psyche thing but Beckham and Nix are comparable at second and Beckham is better at third.

Cause Beckham's going to be playing 2nd base during his career here, so you want to get him as many reps as possible.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
Why can't Beckham be moved to third and Nix second? I know it is psyche thing but Beckham and Nix are comparable at second and Beckham is better at third.

Most likely because Ozzie wants Beckham focusing on his swing right now, rather than re-learning how to play 3B.