Mark Teahen to the DL, Lillibridge Recalled

CSF

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
I actually understand with Harden on the mound, but hopefully this doesn't become a habit. I'm sure it will be.

Personally, I go with the guy that's seeing 4.54 pitches per PA this season (4.00 last year) over the guy that's seeing 3.78 pit/pa this season (3.75 for his career) against the starter that generally struggles to get the ball over the plate.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett Lillibridge as our first "deserved" call-up is a pretty damning declaration on the state of the White Sox minor league organization.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
well said...what a mess!

I would say, rather, that he is the exact perfect guy to call up to be the 25th man who doesn't ever play- 1) is very fast. 2) we don't care about his development/ he can come up and ride the bench

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 05:59 PM)
I assume it would be worthless to look into Joe Crede? I know he isn't very good, but defensively he was still rock solid last year for the Twins.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't open up that can of worms.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! :gosoxretro:

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

]

Edited by elrockinMT

Month is surprising, didn't seem like a major injury at the time. But putting this into some perspective rather than kneejerk emotional reaction:

I will wager that a Nix/Vizquel platoon is worse offensively than Teahen. By how much? 5%? 10%? 15% I don't know. I do know it's not like replacing 2010 Rios with D. Wise. Nix/Vizquel are better defensively than Teahen. So we get an upgrade on defense at the hot corner, and we likely get some marginal decrease in our offensive production for 1/9th of the batting order for 1/6th of the season.

This is less than a drop in the bucket compared to the relative importance of our starting pitching (which we expected to be among the top few rotations in the league), not being dead last in the AL with a 5.04 ERA.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
Month is surprising, didn't seem like a major injury at the time. But putting this into some perspective rather than kneejerk emotional reaction:

I will wager that a Nix/Vizquel platoon is worse offensively than Teahen. By how much? 5%? 10%? 15% I don't know. I do know it's not like replacing 2010 Rios with D. Wise. Nix/Vizquel are better defensively than Teahen. So we get an upgrade on defense at the hot corner, and we likely get some marginal decrease in our offensive production for 1/9th of the batting order for 1/6th of the season.

This is less than a drop in the bucket compared to the relative importance of our starting pitching (which we expected to be among the top few rotations in the league), not being dead last in the AL with a 5.04 ERA.

Honestly, I don't care as much about the immediate performance as I do that Teahen was looking better at the plate and we need him to continue to improve over the length of his contract.