Mark Teahen to the DL, Lillibridge Recalled

CSF

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 31, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
Lillibridge is the obviously encumbent right now, but I really wish this was Morel who was getting his cup of coffee in the majors right now.

I would rather it's Lillibridge, as he'll be sitting on the bench 99% of the time and coming in to pinch run in late innings.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
I have it on "very good" authority that Morel is making the move to AAA tomorrow. Retherford likely to be demoted.

Why not just have Morel fill in Lilli's spot?

I'm sad that CJ has been struggling, as he is probably my favorite farm hand for the sheer fact that he's a huge overachiever because of his work ethic.

Edit: Just dawned on me that means Gordon is probably being sent down, to play 2nd, and Lilli's spot is being taken by Morel after all.

Edited by Quinarvy

I hope Nix gets legit playing time over the next 1.5 weeks. He has received too inconsistent playing time this year to make any sound judgments on his performance. I really think if he gets starter's at-bats, he would post these type of numbers over a full year: .260, 25 HR, 75 RBI with good SB numbers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 06:51 AM)
If Lilliputian is going up and Beckham is going down, I think we can safely say that KW's analysis of the first section of the season is "Epic fail, time to shake up".

If that move happens, I'd be surprised if AJ isn't dealt.

Well, we're 8.5 games back after a couple of weeks recently when the Twins were pretty mediocre. THe twins have gotten most of their 'difficult' games out of the way (ie Yanks and Bosox on road and at home).

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 08:50 AM)
Well, we're 8.5 games back after a couple of weeks recently when the Twins were pretty mediocre. THe twins have gotten most of their 'difficult' games out of the way (ie Yanks and Bosox on road and at home).

Yeah this season is pretty much over.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
So the Golden Boy is going back to the minors? Has anything been announced yet?

Not necessarily, this could easily be a sign of a DL trip for Teahen. Supposedly he had X-Rays on his injured finger yesterday.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 02:38 AM)
Perhaps they are bringing him up for the home stand while they see how Teahen reacts to playing with the injury. If Teahen is fine, he'll go back.

But someone HAS to be sent down correct?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
Only if Lilli's added to the roster.

I understand. I read the story after visiting Soxtalk and it says the team is just preparing for the possible move by getting Lili to Chicago to standby.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
I have it on "very good" authority that Morel is making the move to AAA tomorrow. Retherford likely to be demoted.

Makes sense, C.J. hasn't played since last Friday.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)
I hope Nix gets legit playing time over the next 1.5 weeks. He has received too inconsistent playing time this year to make any sound judgments on his performance. I really think if he gets starter's at-bats, he would post these type of numbers over a full year: .260, 25 HR, 75 RBI with good SB numbers.

With alot of K's and mediocre to poor defense.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)

If he were playing in Charlotte... maybe.

In MLB? No.

If this season has proven anything, it's that striking out on offense isn't the worst thing that can happen to a lineup. The worst thing is having a lineup with players underachieving and not hitting the ball with authority. Nix could be a solid starting 2nd baseman, I honestly feel. He'd probably hit around .240 for a season, but hit you 15-18 homers and play solid defense.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
At the position he'd be filling in for? Yup.

The double error doesn't close the book on Nix at 3b. He's fine there, he's just better at 2b. If he had said SS, i'd agree. Nix can't quite handle that position, but he's perfectly capable of playing a good 3b.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 05:51 AM)
If Lilliputian is going up and Beckham is going down, I think we can safely say that KW's analysis of the first section of the season is "Epic fail, time to shake up".

If that move happens, I'd be surprised if AJ isn't dealt.

In that case, Jones would likely be moved as well. Wouldn't be surprised if PK were shopped either.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 06:22 AM)
I hope Nix gets legit playing time over the next 1.5 weeks. He has received too inconsistent playing time this year to make any sound judgments on his performance. I really think if he gets starter's at-bats, he would post these type of numbers over a full year: .260, 25 HR, 75 RBI with good SB numbers

Those numbers are a bit of a stretch, IMO, but I'd still much rather see Nix out there than Vizquel. There's a remote possibility that Nix may still develop into an every-day player.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:44 PM)
In that case, Jones would likely be moved as well. Wouldn't be surprised if PK were shopped either.

Eventually a lot of guys could be moved, AJ's the one to focus on because he has the June 13th deadline.