GT: Rangers @ White Sox 6/1, 7:10PM, CSN

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Wow, Washington managing circles around Ozzie here. Got Smoak in there to face the righty.

Ron Washington brought in Chris Ray to face AJ and left him in to face Kotsay. He's lucky he made a good 3-2 pitch to Kotsay to get him to fly out.

I don't think Washington could manage circles around anyone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
I can't see KW giving him up now. Where was that information about the Red Sox being interested in him?

There was none.

I keep pushing possible destinations personally though, because there's so many places with OF problems right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
Some people on here want Putz to close over Bobby.

Uh as closer Putz will have to face some lefthanded hitters as well as right. Way to give up the hit.

You’re becoming a caricature of yourself, Greg Do you really buy what you’re selling here?

Putz has been more effective then Bobby, that’s all there is to it. He has more to offer this franchise at this point in time.

if Putz was on the 2005 team, you'd say how great he was that inning. don't become a parody of yourself.

I won't take the bait. I am no parody. I know as much about baseball as you do whether you believe that or not.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
You’re becoming a caricature of yourself, Greg Do you really buy what you’re selling here?

Putz has been more effective then Bobby, that’s all there is to it. He has more to offer this franchise at this point in time.

Putz actually has a plus pitch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
If you guys don't think Putz gave up a big hit there, what can I tell you?

We disagree.

He's not fat enough to be criticized. I haven't been all that impressed as everyone else seems to be.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
If you guys don't think Putz gave up a big hit there, what can I tell you?

We disagree.

Lucky for Bobby he doesn't have to pitch in situations where he inherits 2 runners and has to get 2 outs.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:51 AM)
He's not fat enough to be criticized. I haven't been all that impressed as everyone else seems to be.

He hasn't pitched very well in clutch situations it seems, but for greg to say he's been on par with Jenks is just wrong. I still think Putz's fastball is way too straight, but his splitter is one of the best pitches that any of our pitchers has.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
With that contract and his history of inconsistent effort, he still has modest trade value at best IMO.

I've been one of the biggest Rios skeptics around, but unless the Sox have some replacement that's not a huge question mark, ie. Jordan Danks, or Mitchell or trying to win a bidding war for a free agent, trading him for prospects unless they are surefire really doesn't make sense., and I agree, I don't believe his value is as high as many think it is for the reasons you mentioned.

Tyler Flowers and Jordan Danks performances make this season even a bigger disaster.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 02:53 AM)
I've been one of the biggest Rios skeptics around, but unless the Sox have some replacement that's not a huge question mark, ie. Jordan Danks, or Mitchell or trying to win a bidding war for a free agent, trading him for prospects unless they are surefire really doesn't make sense., and I agree, I don't believe his value is as high as many think it is for the reasons you mentioned.

Tyler Flowers and Jordan Danks performances make this season even a bigger disaster.

Barring a Hudson injury, I don't know how you could have a worse season with your prospects than the Sox have (given the news of Trayce Thompson's injury)