GT: Rangers @ White Sox 6/1, 7:10PM, CSN

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:25 AM)
Or its just that the manager just doesn't really f***ing matter all that much in baseball and I'll stick with the guy with the ring over another guy if its all the same.

Or maybe if your manager is also your GM. I said it earlier, Ozzie needs to manage and KW needs to put the team together.

But what if your manager and GM refuse to hold people accountable...ie: Greg Walker

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
How did he explain Omar Vizquel DHing with Teahen playing 3B? I know Ozzie's english isn't the greatest, but I don't know how he could possibly make that make sense.

Again, did that cost us the game? Was that the difference? Or could it have been the 5 guys in the lineup batting .170 and the pitching staff made up of 3 solid pitchers?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:26 AM)
Again, did that cost us the game? Was that the difference? Or could it have been the 5 guys in the lineup batting .170 and the pitching staff made up of 3 solid pitchers?

Didn't Teahen make an error that proved costly in that game?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Or its just that the manager just doesn't really f***ing matter all that much in baseball and I'll stick with the guy with the ring over another guy if its all the same.

Or maybe if your manager is also your GM. I said it earlier, Ozzie needs to manage and KW needs to put the team together.

Tell that to Ozzie. He's the one that wanted to (and did to a certain degree) play co-GM this past winter.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
When will Kotsay be released... come on 0-5 and under .200avg again.. a WINNING team wouldn't keep kotsay on the roster.

He's our starting DH and he's hitting in the 5 hole. If i had told you that last year, you would have kicked me in the junk. Oh, f*** you Alexei. What an awesome approach we have here in Chicago.

How did he explain Omar Vizquel DHing with Teahen playing 3B? I know Ozzie's english isn't the greatest, but I don't know how he could possibly make that make sense.

I didn't hear it. But if he was asked, I'm sure he answered it.

Nice at bat, Lexi.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
But what if your manager and GM refuse to hold people accountable...ie: Greg Walker

The Walker crap is ridiculous. Look at the names and tell me how that is supposed to be a successful offense. The pitching on the other hand has been horrid, yet nothing about Don Cooper.

Alexei Ramirez showing his enormous baseball IQ. I don't think having a dumb baseball player play SS is a good idea.