GT: Rangers @ White Sox 6/1, 7:10PM, CSN

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
You put in a guy who will work an at-bat and has extra-base potential. That guy isn't Omar Vizquel.

Not to mention has some resemblance of power. Hell I wouldn't have been upset seeing Nix up there in that situation.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:32 AM)
Some people on this board were clamoring Omar play tonight with Mark pitching. Uh fathom weren't you one of them?

No, it's easy to criticize when you want everything.

Omar got 2 hits and a walk. He f***ed up there just like Lexi did.

Jones would have popped up as well. I personall was on the record as wanting Nix to play and many laughed at me.

Everybody's got an opinion but only one is the truth. This team sucks.

Yes, for defensive reasons Greg. How hard is it to understand that?

I didn't want to pack it in on June 1, but it's time to dump salary get some prospects and start thinking about next year. I'd love to see if we can dump MB as well as he hasn't proved to be anything special in nearly a year now. I think Ozzie needs to go as well, as he gets out managed probably 70-75% of the time. So, in a few words, this season is OVA

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
Omar was 2-for-3 with a walk. I'm sure Jones would have drilled a hit. Yeah right.

Omar coulda got a single; Lexi coulda got a single.

This team sucks. We lose.

Omar was 1 for 13 on the year against power pitchers going into that AB. His bat speed is absolute s*** at this point in his career, he has little chance against a pitcher with a good fastball or a hard biting slider.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:33 AM)
Omar was 1 for 13 on the year against power pitchers going into that AB. His bat speed is absolute s*** at this point in his career, he has little chance against a pitcher with a good fastball or a hard biting slider.

Awesome post!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)

This. He looked good against 90 mph Harden and 87 mph O'Day that is for sure.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:34 AM)
I love that greg is so pissed at everything.

fathom, why is Jones in the doghouse?

No idea, but Melton was absolutely ripping him in the pregame. Saying that he hasn't cut down his swing like the organization wants him to. They said you can't have a player like that in your lineup unless he's surrounded by the '27 Yankees. It was very strange, and you've seen him sitting a ton lately.

Yes, for defensive reasons Greg. How hard is it to understand that?

OK, next time be more specific. You want Omar in there, and you want him to stay in if he can get two hits and a walk, but in the final at bat you want him replaced for Jones or Nix, even though the odds of him stroking a single are about as good as Jones stroking a big hit.

Give me a break, second guessers. This team sucks.

Lexi coulda slashed a hit in the gap or got a single up the middle. Omar could have stroked a hit. Our hitters suck; our team sucks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:36 AM)
OK, next time be more specific. You want Omar in there, and you want him to stay in if he can get two hits and a walk, but in the final at bat you want him replaced for Jones or Nix, even though the odds of him stroking a single are about as good as Jones stroking a big hit.

Lexi coulda slashed a hit in the gap or got a single up the middle. Omar could have stroked a hit. Our hitters suck; our team sucks.

You're facing Feliz. You go for the win with two guys who have decent power. I would have gone with Nix, as he'd have confidence after Sunday's game. Even Stone said Feliz was throwing better against the lefties.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
This. He looked good against 90 mph Harden and 87 mph O'Day that is for sure.

It makes too much sense really. He's hitting .348/.375/.435/.810 (8/23) against finesse pitchers and is 3 for 28 against everyone else, if you can't get the bat through the zone quick enough to get around a pitch and really aren't strong enough to muscle it the other way you're pretty much f***ed.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)
That loss would really hurt but for the fact our games are irrelevant these days.

I'm pretty happy about tonight, as at least Beckham and Quentin looked good. I don't care if we lose the rest of our games as long as those two, Rios, Peavy, Danks, and Santos play well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
No idea, but Melton was absolutely ripping him in the pregame. Saying that he hasn't cut down his swing like the organization wants him to. They said you can't have a player like that in your lineup unless he's surrounded by the '27 Yankees. It was very strange, and you've seen him sitting a ton lately.

Just pisses me off with this org. We can add him to the change Flowers swing and change Jordan Danks' follow-thru. I wouldn't be surprised if they have had Beckham change something early. Makes no sense for a veteran player especially to change his swing. It's weird seeing this from us as we are usually very cuddle-like to hall of fame players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 11:36 PM)
6 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs for Ely....good for him, bad for KW

Ely sequences his pitches like a champ. I’ve been very impressed with how he shifts velocities and he appears to have an incredible rapport with Martin behind the plate. It’s not his stuff that’s getting him this far, it’s his head. He’s an example of baseball cliché: the guy knows how to pitch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)

He has the bat speed of an old man -- he's 43 years old afterall -- he doesn't have a shot in hell against a guy who can dial it up at 100+ with a 90 MPH slider, he can't get his bat through the zone fast enough. Harden and Oliver are good matchups for him since they don't throw all that hard, Feliz is about the worst matchup in the game for Omar.

You're facing Feliz. You go for the win with two guys who have decent power. I would have gone with Nix, as he'd have confidence after Sunday's game. Even Stone said Feliz was throwing better against the lefties.

Yeah Nix woulda got a hit. Keep believin that.

Jones woulda hit a home run.

I didn't even want Omar playing and I'm defending him; you guys wanted him in the game to begin with over Nix. Classic second guessing.

And why are you second guessers ignoring the Lexi at bat??

Don't just skip over that one and go to Omar.

Why is Lexi being skipped over here? Because it's easy to point to .... oooh Ozzie didn't pinch hit for Omar.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
Yeah Nix woulda got a hit. Keep believin that.

Jones woulda hit a home run.

I didn't even want Omar playing and I'm defending him; you guys wanted him in the game to begin with over Nix. Classic second guessing.

Isn't it first guessing when you say it before the man even comes to the plate? And just because you want a guy to start the game doesn't mean you can't pine for him to be pinch hit for in the 9th when he has to go up against a pitcher that's a matchup nightmare for him.

By the way: Jones has 3 HR this year off power pitchers.