GT: Rangers @ White Sox 6/1, 7:10PM, CSN

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
Wow, that 2-1 was wheelhouse for Kotsay

He doesn't look hitterish at all. Just going by the way he's looked at the plate over the last few games the hot streak appears to be over.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
Wouldn't it be more like 20 mil we'd save if we trade him in the next month?

1) I don't want to see him traded period, one of the only players I feel like that about.

2) I don't believe if we trim 20 mil we'd spend 20 mil. Be more like trim 20, spend 5-8

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
1) I don't want to see him traded period, one of the only players I feel like that about.

2) I don't believe if we trim 20 mil we'd spend 20 mil. Be more like trim 20, spend 5-8

Because the other $10 million would vanish in lost ticket sale revenue that quick.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:26 AM)
Less people at the Sox game tonight than the Hawks game last night, probably haven't had something like that happen since the mid 1990's.

Yep, less than 20,100 people on a great weather day (outside of rain for 10 minutes) with no other games in town and some schools out = PANIC

Battling isn't enough, Mark. You need to finish long ABs with f***ing hits.

Very true. Like you said, he doesn't seem hitterish at all. He was overmatched.

Still one run short. f***.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:23 AM)
Kotsay is due, is he not?

it's now "dueisher" or something like that. 10 pitches and it looked as if the first two called strikes were the ones to clobber

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:29 AM)
Another example of Sox simply being a bad team.

Got to get a hit there. It's June.

One day into June and our situation got worse already. Hard to get excited anymore, but I am trying

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Yep, less than 20,100 people on a great weather day (outside of rain for 10 minutes) with no other games in town and some schools out = PANIC

Unless we put up some kind of run this month, people are going to be surprised at the level of moves that are made either this trade deadline, this offseason, or some combination of both. This payroll is not sustainable with this level of fan interest. Of course, it's the fault of the men in charge that a team with this much payroll is this pathetic.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Sadly, I think giving up that hit to Hamilton helps Williams's numbers.

You really gotta ask yourself why the f*** we're still carrying the worst reliever in baseball on June 1st. I don't give a s*** if there isn't another lefty to replace him with, bring up a fresh right handed arm and pray that he doesn't put up a WHIP around 3.000.