GT: Rangers @ White Sox 6/1, 7:10PM, CSN

I didn't f***ing mention Jenks. I mentioned some people on here want Putz to be the closer.

Who brought up Jenks? I have said many times I wouldn't be against Thornton closing if that's what Oz wants to do.

You guys are the ones bringing up jenks.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
If you think Jenks is better than Putz, then you can't be taken seriously as a poster.

It's really simple: if Jenks had even 1 plus pitch he wouldn't be completely useless unfortunately he doesn't. At least Putz has a go to pitch that's basically unhittable.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
I didn't f***ing mention Jenks. I mentioned some people on here want Putz to be the closer.

Who brought up Jenks? I have said many times I wouldn't be against Thornton closing if that's what Oz wants to do.

You guys are the ones bringing up jenks.

You mentioned the closer situation, thus you brought up Jenks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
Barring a Hudson injury, I don't know how you could have a worse season with your prospects than the Sox have (given the news of Trayce Thompson's injury)

I dunno. It wasn't that long ago when our top prospects were Lance Broadway, Kyle McCulloch and Adam Russell. We've had some really s***ty luck this season. I hope it pushes this organization to spend a bit more on the draft, but i doubt it.

The only reason i'm confident Ozzie and/or KW will be gone after the season if not sooner is the bottom line. Uncle Jerry is notoriously loyal especially with the Bulls, but that building is full or just about full every night. When the building is empty and the payroll is high, heads will roll. Reinsdorf isn't cheap, but if the bottom line is bad, he'll do something, just like any other good businessman.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Texas has a ton of hits against our awesome pitching staff.

We were supposed to revolutionize baseball with our rotation this year.

I'm pretty shocked at how bad our pitching is. I'm surprised people aren't calling for the head of Don Cooper yet.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:57 AM)
Texas has a ton of hits against our awesome pitching staff.

We were supposed to revolutionize baseball with our rotation this year.

You have to stop reading fluff pieces. A lot of people thought there were other staff better in the AL coming into the season, including the Red Sox and Yankees.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
I'm pretty shocked at how bad our pitching is. I'm surprised people aren't calling for the head of Don Cooper yet.

Yet Ozzie HAS to go because he made Beckham, AJ, Q, Alexei, Teahan, and Pierre suck ass for 2 months. Logic is missing here at times, the only thing that needs to change is KW has to build the team, not Ozzie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:02 AM)
A lot of people picked the Sox to win the division because of the Sox rotation.

Are you denying this, fathom?

All the statistical predictions had the Twins running away with the division, I'm pretty sure. The Sox PECOTA predictions was around .500, IIRC. This wasn't like 2006 where people really were proclaiming we had the greatest staff ever assembled.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)

I'm surprised some Soxtalk members haven't found a way to blame Greg Walker for the pitchers' inflated ERAs

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
All the statistical predictions had the Twins running away with the division, I'm pretty sure. The Sox PECOTA predictions was around .500, IIRC. This wasn't like 2006 where people really were proclaiming we had the greatest staff ever assembled.

I read the Bill James book, he had every Sox starter with an ERA in the 4's. So hardly the greatest staff ever, although JR proclaimed it as a possibility. The pitching was supposed to be a lot better than its been, but its hard to build a team around pitching with a shabby defense. Some day KW will figure this out.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:05 AM)
Among all relievers this season Thornton has the highest rated fastball, Putz has the 2nd highest rated splitty and Sergio has the 7th highest rated slider.

That's a great stat, what is it measuring? Also, who has the best slider/curve/split?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Yet Ozzie HAS to go because he made Beckham, AJ, Q, Alexei, Teahan, and Pierre suck ass for 2 months. Logic is missing here at times, the only thing that needs to change is KW has to build the team, not Ozzie.

Ozzie is a terrible in game manager. It's seen almost on a nightly basis similar to what has gone on tonight. KW should go first if I had to pick an order, but they both should go.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:07 AM)
Ozzie is a terrible in game manager. It's seen almost on a nightly basis similar to what has gone on tonight. KW should go first if I had to pick an order, but they both should go.

I've yet to come across an argument as to why KW/Ozzie should keep their jobs. The results speak for themselves.