Joe Cowley says our season is over: do you agree?

whitesoxfan101

Are the Sox Done?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Is the White Sox Season over?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Sox retooling plan didn't work, acquiring the stiffs we did in the offseason to replace the aging Dye/Thome/Pods. And the starting pitchers wetting the bed.

Selling off everybody for nothing should be interesting to see how that translates to winning baseball in the future.

With our fan base a traditional front-running one, dependent on us winning, the Cell should be empty during any rebuilding phase. So will we have a Pirates-Royals type payroll in that time frame?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
The entire organization is in a sad state. Even the guys down in Charlotte are doing pretty bad. So even if we do deal the veterans (and we will), we have nobody to bring up other than maybe Viciedo for 3b. Time to re-stock the farm!

This makes no sense though.

So we suck and our prospects suck, so now we should get more of them by trading off players who actually don't suck?!

So we suck and our prospects suck, so now we should get more of them by trading off players who actually don't suck?!

The goal of many on soxtalk is to trade anybody who has proven they can play the game of baseball while they are still productive so "we can get somebody for them" before they fall off.

And to get rid of salary because "we need the money." Never mind the franchise is worth about 900 quadrillion dollars on the open market.

I think the goal of many is to lose every game just keep trading anybody who can play the game and makes money, anybody not named Rios or Peavy. We like to pay them the money. They are deserving of it and the rest are not.

The Sox actually had the right idea in the offseason to retool, not rebuild. Unfortunately all of KW's moves sucked, yes, Ozzie wanted some/many of the moves made as well.

KW f***ed up with a majority of his moves dating to the Peavy trade.

Peavy has been horses***, not that he can't turn it around and all the other acquisitions sucked.

Hopefully KW's next set of moves the second half of this season will be productive.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)
The goal of many on soxtalk is to trade anybody who has proven they can play the game of baseball while they are still productive so "we can get somebody for them" before they fall off.

And to get rid of salary because "we need the money." Never mind the franchise is worth about 900 quadrillion dollars on the open market.

I think the goal of many is to lose every game just keep trading anybody who can play the game and makes money, anybody not named Rios or Peavy. We like to pay them the money. They are deserving of it and the rest are not.

The Sox actually had the right idea in the offseason to retool, not rebuild. Unfortunately all of KW's moves sucked, yes, Ozzie wanted some/many of the moves made as well.

KW f***ed up with a majority of his moves dating to the Peavy trade.

Peavy has been horses***, not that he can't turn it around and all the other acquisitions sucked.

Hopefully KW's next set of moves the second half of this season will be productive.

The guys that most posters advocate trading are on the downswings of their career or have developed major question marks.

I don't think this team is in a position where it can retool. All things considered, I think we kind of have to rebuild. Although I'd have said the same thing after 2007, and we were in the playoffs the next year (but the economy and tickets sold situation was a lot different then too.)

Edited by whitesoxfan101

It's simple, Viciedo, Hudson and Flowers have to be at least "capable" (or better) replacement players, and both Beckham and Quentin have to come close to our high expectations or we're sunk. Alexei Ramirez putting up a 750 OPS wouldn't hurt a bit either.

As far as the likes of Danks, Morel and CJ Retherford, I'm not counting on any of them to do anything until at least mid-season 2011 if ever at all.

Morel has a shot, but he's blocked by Teahen. If you move Teahen to 1B/DH, then I guess with Morel you have the weakest corner infield spots offensively in the AL in the best power hitting park in baseball. Makes lots of sense!!!

We have to pray to God Almighty that Mitchell can bounce back from his injury and be Carl Crawford-Lite.

If I were the GM, I would keep Rios, re-sign Konerko (maybe a 2-year deal), and try to re-sign Danks. Trade Jenks (for at least something), trade Floyd (same as Bobby...get something), trade AJ, and trade Jones. Doesn't sound like much, and unfortunately that's the reality. KW isn't going to be able to get much for the players that should be traded. But, this team needs to be re-booted for 2011, so ridding this sinking ship of some dunnage now should help free up some cash for next year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
Love your projections, especially when you didnt take into account his ridiculously slow start due to tinkering in his swing. He was coming on pretty good of late, and looked to be back to his career norms. And it was only a year or so ago when people were calling for more players that can hit the ball the other way with authority for a change of pace in the order, well Teahen does that fairly well.

And I honestly dont think he will be that bad over the course of a season at 3B at all. The skill is there, I think alot of it is becoming familiar with being at 3B full time.

When is this improvement at 3B scheduled to kick in? We're a third of the way into the season, and he's been nothing short of lousy with the leather to date.

That's it. Uncle. It aint fun anymore. I throw in the towel.

I can muster any semblamce of enthusiasm during Konerko and Rios bat or Thornton or Santos pitches.

Floyd now 2-6

Buehrle a 180 degree turn since perfect game

Peavy looking nothing like he used to

Q, Beckham, Alexi with the ugliest swings on the most hittable pitches

AJ never taking a pitch and having that look on his face that says I dont give a f**k anymore and what that means for the "clubhouse chemistry"

Running Kotsay out there every day in the 5-spot

Watching them scratchnig and clawing for one or two lousy runs and knowing the opponents will put them up in bunches easily.

All the talk of trades, rebuilding, etc

I mean I never thought that everything had to break right for this team to do well, but EVERYTHING has broke wrong. It's a team wide SLUMP SEASON!

IM SO DISAPPOINTED IN THESE WHITE SOX!!!!!!!

QUOTE (champs2005 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
That's it. Uncle. It aint fun anymore. I throw in the towel.

I can muster any semblamce of enthusiasm during Konerko and Rios bat or Thornton or Santos pitches.

Floyd now 2-6

Buehrle a 180 degree turn since perfect game

Peavy looking nothing like he used to

Q, Beckham, Alexi with the ugliest swings on the most hittable pitches

AJ never taking a pitch and having that look on his face that says I dont give a f**k anymore and what that means for the "clubhouse chemistry"

Running Kotsay out there every day in the 5-spot

Watching them scratchnig and clawing for one or two lousy runs and knowing the opponents will put them up in bunches easily.

All the talk of trades, rebuilding, etc

I mean I never thought that everything had to break right for this team to do well, but EVERYTHING has broke wrong. It's a team wide SLUMP SEASON!

IM SO DISAPPOINTED IN THESE WHITE SOX!!!!!!!

Merging this with the already-existing and sure-to-grow towel throwing thread.

It is still so early in the season but I have no interest in this team. I am not mad at them. I am not even really disappointed in them. I wish they had a better start and were still in the thick of things but even then I dont think this team would give me the interest that I always have for my beloved Whitesox every year. Year in and year out I am entertained and have some vested interest in certain player development or other situations that keep me tuning in but this year, this team does nothing for me. Half the team seems like strangers and I thought they would eventually become "one of us", obviously figuratively speaking (I am not even one of us). I have not connected with these guys and have a real hard time pulling for them. I cant tell you why but its hard to call this group of guys MY team.

I dont know how to motivate myself and get the Whitesox juices flowing again.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 10:55 AM)
IBTL.

Why would it get locked? I am the all powerful and I need to vent....

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
I wish I could quit you Shipps.

You are stuck with me and you have no choice. Its not like I am some peace of meat you could just stop eating... its not that easy. :lol: