6/2/10 Sox vs Rangers 7:10, CSN+

Kalapse

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
2005. The best and potentially worst thing to happen to the future of the White Sox organization.

While I agree that may be the reason for a longer leash, I can't agree that there is anything bad to come from 2005, even if we have to suffer for another few years.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
For the top pick of the draft? Unless we're the Pirates circa 2002, i think we have too.

Strasburg Strasburg tickets were going for 2000 bucks on StubHub. Just saying..

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
While I agree that may be the reason for a longer leash, I can't agree that there is anything bad to come from 2005, even if we have to suffer for another few years.

If you would have told Sox fans that they had to suffer for 20 years after 2005 just for 2005 to happen, they'd still take it.

I just hate the entire philosophy of the organization.... the approach to hitting/pitching/scouting/ADVANCE scouting.

It's been 20 years since a Sox minor leaguer has come up and mashed while literally every other organization seems to have had plenty

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
He has been to a degree. But not this night. He had flat nothing. Easily his worst performance I can remember since 2007. Between Floyd, Buehrle and Peavy, Daniel Hudson has by default become untouchable.

But using the lucky/unlucky numbers, wasn't Floyd's 2008 stellar season basically really "lucky"?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
Yes, it was. But his 2009 was better than 2008 without as much "luck."

He had a great stretch last year, but was awful the first couple months and limped home with an injury. I wonder if his hip is still a problem. I'm prejudice because I've never been a fan of his, but if KW could get something worthwhile for him, I would do cartwheels if he pulled the trigger.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
Too bad MLB probably won't see any of that.

If tickets are going for 2000, that means the game is sold out. If the game is sold out, that means they will (probably) see higher sales of merchandise, some of which probably belongs to the MLB.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
I'm not sure why this game is pushing me over the sell barrier, but it is.

It is an awful game. We were down 3-0 after a half, and somehow got it close again after 1. Then, our talented pretty boy pitcher gave 2 right back, and that was the dagger. In the top of the 2nd inning.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
He had a great stretch last year, but was awful the first couple months and limped home with an injury. I wonder if his hip is still a problem. I'm prejudice because I've never been a fan of his, but if KW could get something worthwhile for him, I would do cartwheels if he pulled the trigger.

At this point, anybody on the roster not named Jake Peavy (I'm still a believer), Gordon Beckham, Alex Rios, Matt Thornton and Sergio Santos is fair game, IMO.

Edited by Jordan4life