6/2/10 Sox vs Rangers 7:10, CSN+

Kalapse

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
Who really wants him though?

He's not overly expensive, has a ring, is a lefty bat, will catch every day and the thought is he could easily return to his norms. A number of teams may be looking at him as a buy low veteran.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 01:20 AM)
At this point, anybody on the roster not named Jake Peavy (I'm still a believer), Gordon Beckham, Alex Rios, Matt Thornton and Sergio Santos is fair game, IMO.

Even if you're a believer in Peavy, you should jump at the chance to trade him if someone is willing to take him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
At this point, anybody on the roster not named Jake Peavy (I'm still a believer), Gordon Beckham, Alex Rios, Matt Thornton and Sergio Santos is fair game, IMO.

And I don't think Buehrle is moving. His post-trade contract status would be prohibitive, and I still think the fan base would be most upset with moving him.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
Does any contender have a really s***ty player at catcher?

AJ > Napoli

I know LA is struggling but they won't give up in that division.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
Even if you're a believer in Peavy, you should jump at the chance to trade him if someone is willing to take him.

Even though I don't think we gave up anything worth a s*** for him, I don't think the value we'd get back would be very good. I think you'd have better luck either playing out the string with him this year and dealing him in the offseason if you're determined to move him or let him pitch into 2011. I still think he's going to improve his numbers, right now would be the ultimate sell-low on him.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
Even though I don't think we gave up anything worth a s*** for him, I don't think the value we'd get back would be very good. I think you'd have better luck either playing out the string with him this year and dealing him in the offseason if you're determined to move him or let him pitch into 2011. I still think he's going to improve his numbers, right now would be the ultimate sell-low on him.

I think if Kenny traded Peavy right now, it'd go down as one of his all-time worst moves, IMO.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 02:25 AM)

But if someone is basically willing to take on his contract, I think you bail and use that money in different ways. And I'm sorry, Richard is a decent starting pitcher.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)

Nobody jumped at him last year when he was a Padre. Why would that change a year later, especially with his struggles?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 02:27 AM)
Nobody jumped at him last year when he was a Padre. Why would they change a year later, especially with his struggles?

I agree, they won't. I was saying that if you could find someone that would be willing to, then you drive Peavy to the airport.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
But if someone is basically willing to take on his contract, I think you bail and use that money in different ways. And I'm sorry, Richard is a decent starting pitcher.

In the NL, in PETCO. And if the deal is Peavy for Clayton Richard, I'll still take the Cy Young winner.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
Nobody jumped at him last year when he was a Padre. Why would they change a year later, especially with his struggles?

Well, to be fair, last year he was hurt and the Cubs have tried numerous times to get him, for one.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 02:29 AM)
In the NL, in PETCO. And if the deal is Peavy for Clayton Richard, I'll still take the Cy Young winner.

But if you bring up the PETCO factor, then why doesn't the same hold true with Peavy?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:28 PM)
He showed he's willing to do it with the Swisher debacle.

True, but there are a number of other things surrounding Nick Swisher that haven't been around Jake.