Ken Griffey, Jr Retires

Steve9347

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
That makes me, and you... I'm sure there are a few others here. Anyone else bat right-handed and tried to teach themselves to bat lefty just so they could do Griffey's stance and swing? It's a lot harder than it looks... perfection is hard to emulate!

Yeah, I remember the hype about Griffey all of the way back to the day he was drafted, which didn't happen back then. No one cared who your top draft pick was then.

To me it just figures that him retiring was again overshadowed by something. Most of his career (especially in the steroid era) was overshadowed cause of the steroid era (same as Frank), now the day he retires... overshadowed by a non perfect game blown call. Such a shame he couldn't win a ring.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
Best pure hitter of this generation and along with the Big Hurt, the only two that you could be at least 98% positive that they were not juicing.

SI. com does a cool analysis to see what his numbers would look like if he wasn't hurt every year in Cincy. It put him at 722 career homers.

Stark did the same thing and got 777.