Galarraga perfect game broken up by umpire

fathom

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
I feel bad for Joyce after watching the replay of that inning. He didnt run off the field after the game like Joe West wouldve done. He stayed there and let the Tiger players scream at him.

You maybe the only one who has sympathy for the umpire. Ha

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:58 PM)
Its amazing how many no hitter/perfect games have been thrown this year. I wonder what the record is.

First off, lmao at the Tigers.. that was awesome and im glad he was called safe..

Secondly, they need to just allow steroids in baseball because this s*** is boring.. ive seen enough 1-0 games the past month or so.. baseball is going to fade again due to this s***

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
First off, lmao at the Tigers.. that was awesome and im glad he was called safe..

Secondly, they need to just allow steroids in baseball because this s*** is boring.. ive seen enough 1-0 games the past month or so.. baseball is going to fade again due to this s***

Yes, because if the game needs anything it's more people cheating it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
Chances that MLB over turns a call that bad?

Zero?

Are you joking, why don't they just go back in history and correct every single blown call that has ever been made.. cant do it here unless you do it to others as well..

MLB umpiring this year has been a complete disgrace.

I agree with the 1 challenge rule idea. Can be used for safe/out calls on the bases, fair/foul balls, etc. (not balls/strikes or HR's) Like Football replay must be conclusive.

Nothing can turn fans away more than blown calls.

"I just cost that kid a perfect game," Joyce said. "I thought he beat the throw. I was convinced he beat the throw, until I saw the replay."

"It was the biggest call of my career," said Joyce, who became a full-time major league umpire in 1989.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
I love how it's been called the first ever 28 out perfect game. Joyce better be careful, as Leyland will put his cigarette out on his arm and then Cabrera will pour alcohol on the wound.

My dad just reminded me that his friend Milt Pappas is still pissed about losing his perfect bid, and that was 40 years ago.

That makes Galarraga that much more amazing that he didn't even get mad right there.

I'm sure this won't happen, and I don't know the process of how this needs to happen. But if Bud Selig had any balls, he'd reverse the call and give Galarraga a perfect game. The ump said he missed the call, everyone knows he pitched a perfect game. Be real and give it to him.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
I'm sure this won't happen, and I don't know the process of how this needs to happen. But if Bud Selig had any balls, he'd reverse the call and give Galarraga a perfect game. The ump said he missed the call, everyone knows he pitched a perfect game. Be real and give it to him.

...and then pull the trigger on your league because you've just slapped the face of every team or player affected by a blown call over the last 120 years or so.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
...and then pull the trigger on your league because you've just slapped the face of every team or player affected by a blown call over the last 120 years or so.

They went 120 years without instant replay and many consider having it for the better. Either way this is going to alter the future of the game, especially if they enchance replay.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
Agreed, that's a fireable offense. I feel sick about it, and I didn't even want him to get one.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
If that umpire is not fired, then I'm done with baseball.

Wow at some of the ridiculous overreactions in this thread.