Who should get a shot?

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 02:35 AM)
I think you promote Flowers and hope he can catch up to the speed of the big leagues. If not, then he won't be in your plans for next season.

This may be the worst way you could handle the Flowers/future catcher situation.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 02:38 AM)
This may be the worst way you could handle the Flowers/future catcher situation.

If he continues to struggle in AAA this year, you can't go into next season with him in your 25 man plans. Sadly, that was what their plan was with AJP/Castro likely on their way out of town. Maybe getting Flowers into a culture with better contact players, instead of being around the swing and whiff gods in Charlotte would do him wonders.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
That's about it. Our system as a whole is trash. I don't want to see new trash replace old trash just for the hell of it.

Why not, if its gonna be trash anyways at least see if the second batch of trash is less trashier than the first trash..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
I don't get it?

Might as well completely destroy Thompson and Mitchell's futures. Play them while injured and never seeing anything above A ball.

This current game has completely soured my outlook on the season.

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Well, shooting is a little extreme, but I would fire Walker for sure and get rid of Kotsay, Vizquel, Williams, Teahen, Pierre, and Nix.

Oh, the thread is who should get a shot. Ahhh...different story now...

I dont see any reason to get rid of Teahen.. he was hitting pretty good before getting hurt, and even so you could find somewhere else for him to play outside of 3B if his defense is that much of a problem..

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)
Huddy and Torres.

This. Torres has nothing to prove anymore in AAA. (actually should of been the extra pitcher with the way our SP has struggled, and Pena being so much stretched out) Not sure about Flowers as they are dicking around his swing there. Not sure if I want him to stay there with Gary Ward (shivers) or go up with Greg Walker.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
Why not, if its gonna be trash anyways at least see if the second batch of trash is less trashier than the first trash..

We have one of the worst farm systems in baseball. I won't feel any better calling up Jordan Danks and watching him K 50% of the time or Carlos Torres throw up an ERA over 6.

Flowers has struggled in AAA and is jut now starting to get his swing back to where it was, from what I've read. Now is the worst possible moment to bring him up to the majors.

I would like to see Hudson, Torres and Gartrell. In September, add in Flowers if he has picked up the pace in AAA (Lucy if not), and maybe a couple others (possibly even Morel).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 09:12 AM)
Flowers has struggled in AAA and is jut now starting to get his swing back to where it was, from what I've read. Now is the worst possible moment to bring him up to the majors.

I would like to see Hudson, Torres and Gartrell. In September, add in Flowers if he has picked up the pace in AAA (Lucy if not), and maybe a couple others (possibly even Morel).

I would like to see Lucy come back up within the next 10 days or so.

Hudson, July 31-ish...whenever Garcia is moved (and he ought to go somewhere like Washington, San Diego, St. Louis, or Colorado...place that could use a veteran, back of the rotation starter with playoff experience).

I'd like to see Morel, Viciedo, Hudson, Flowers, and Torres. I know it's early for Morel and Viciedo, but I think Morel can handle it, and selfishly, I want to see what Viciedo looks like against good pitching. Had Mitchell not gotten hurt, I'd have him on my list too.