6/3 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
13 hits already for the Dash in 6 innings.

2 hits apiece for Escobar, Gilmore, Loman and Garcia. 3 hits and 5 RBI for Logan Johnson.

That lineup should return to mashing the ball with Garcia and Johnson back.

It is a damn shame Marrero isn't hitting for average for the Barons. He has been really damn impressive with his plate discipline. Would have been up in AAA a while ago if he was hitting at least in the .280s.

Good thing about Morel is he hasn't K'd once in 6 ABs in AAA. (which is usual for most of our top prospect position players not named Gordon Beckham who only had 2 I believe in 28+ ABs)

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
I suspect Hynick goes to AAA, the minute that Huddy or Torres is brought up to the big club. He's really doing nothing in AA, but biding his time.

My thoughts exactly.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
This organization is paying the price for telling Flowers to screw with his swing. 0-2 with 2 K's and a BB. Down to .209.

Based on what I saw with my own eyes last year, whoever told him to change his swing should be drawn and quartered.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
This organization is paying the price for telling Flowers to screw with his swing. 0-2 with 2 K's and a BB. Down to .209.

They'd have paid the price when he was called up if they didn't.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
Now, his production is such that he'll never be called up. So, nobody wins here.

He has to cut down on the K's. There really is no other way to say it. He's not as doomed by them as D2 since he's a power guy, but if he can't figure out how to do that, his best numbers will be 40 HR and a .210 batting average/.290 OBP.