AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Great win. It seems to me Bobby pitches well in these situations, with a one-run lead.

He sucks in tie games or when he has a three or four run cushion.

BOBBY ROCKS!

This is how it's supposed to work with our staff, but as we all know, this team can't string wins together.

Freddy baby! Thornton! and Jenks!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
Great win. It seems to me Bobby pitches well in these situations, with a one-run lead.

He sucks in tie games or when he has a three or four run cushion.

BOBBY ROCKS!

This is how it's supposed to work with our staff, but as we all know, this team can't string wins together.

Freddy baby! Thornton! and Jenks!

Jenks has a 1.60 WHIP in his 1 run saves this season and the game tying run has made it's way into scoring position in 80% of those outings. That's not good.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
Thornton is the most dominant non-closer reliever in baseball, and is in the conversation even including closers. He should be there.

Only Broxton and Rivera have a lower FIP/xFIP over the last 3 years.

After watching Bobby tonight it is quite clear that he still has the stuff to close. It's all about location. And he had the tight slider working too. Didn't he use to have a pretty good 12 to 6 curve too?

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
After watching Bobby tonight it is quite clear that he still has the stuff to close. It's all about location. And he had the tight slider working too. Didn't he use to have a pretty good 12 to 6 curve too?

I thought he got away from the fastball too much with that 12-6 curve but it was a good pitch , then this year seemed to be all hard stuff and the curve disappeared. Was happy to see the last out of the game was 2 fastballs for strikes and the big curve for the swing and miss.

Thornton is the most dominant non-closer reliever in baseball, and is in the conversation even including closers. He should be there.

He won't be there, unless he beats out Rios. We will only get one all star.

I haven't followed how all the closers are doing in the AL, but if it's like every other year where there are 4-5 good ones Thornton again has no chance.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
He won't be there, unless he beats out Rios. We will only get one all star.

I haven't followed how all the closers are doing in the AL, but if it's like every other year where there are 4-5 good ones Thornton again has no chance.

Agreed. Rios should and probably will be our only star rep.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
Agreed. Rios should and probably will be our only star rep.

Pauly will get some consideration because of his 16 home runs...but Teixeira/Morneau/MCab will probably make his chances slim to none.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
Pauly will get some consideration because of his 16 home runs...but Teixeira/Morneau/MCab will probably make his chances slim to none.

Paulie needs to hit like 20+ to get in.

We mean as the one guy who gets appointed to the game.

We know no Sox will get voted in.

I forgot about Paulie. For sentimental sake, maybe he'll get in if they have enough outfielders to pick from.

But Rios seems to be our guy this year. I guess there's still a lot of baseball to be played before the break.