AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
You said "came on" strong. He's been one of the best players in baseball all year.

I meant came out strong today. I'm aware that Rios has been awesome almost all year. So, has Freddy.

Edited by Thunderbolt

I think Freddy has performed above abd beyond what any of us expected. I hoped he would perform well and be a decent 5th starter, but he's been consistently better than decent (minus 2 starts). He's the second best pitcher on the staff right now. I just hope he can keep it up all season. Something tells me that he may start breaking down, but I hope not.

And how about Quentin's reaction to the HR? I'm sure he was beyond relieved that he redeemed himself after that terrible error. It's good to see that type of emotion. The guys in the dugout were quite celebratory as well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Ooh, good eyes, Balta. I hope that was indeed part of the reason for his recent oppo power...

He's been far away from the plate and he's been over-loaded on his stance, so he's been unable to generate the speed needed to drive the ball when people work him outside; everything outside has been a popup or a weak ground ball because he's been late on it. His opposite field power surge might well be from him getting back on the outside corner...combined with every pitcher working him outside because that's where he's been weak.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
It was nice to win one. I think we are at the tipping point as far as being competitive or selling off the team. I hope we can put together a win streak of more than 2 games though

I think the fact that it's June and we would be happy to see a rare 2 game winning streak speaks volumes.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
Paulie needs to hit like 20+ to get in.

He has over a month to hit 4 more to get to 20, its very likely he has 20+ by the AS Break.. still doubt that gets him in, but regardless I bet he has 20+ by then..

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
Rios isn't currently in the top 15 in voting. Julio Borbon (.240/.255/.280, 0 HR, 13 RBI) is ahead of him.

Konerko isn't currently in the top 5 in voting. Carlos Pena (.176/.296/.346, 8 HR, 60 K) is ahead of him.

That doesn't mean anything, they wont be the leading vote getters at their pos. and wont make the team over Rios or Konerko if it came down to it..