6/4 GT: Indians @ White Sox 7:10, CSN

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
19-33.. 7-1 against the Sox, bahahahaha. This stat alone is fireable.

Unless a member of the coaching staff gets gets charged with actual murder there is no way anyone is getting fired.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 03:23 AM)
Assuming the firesale is coming very soon ...

Do you think the Sox are going to rebuild a team capable of beating teams in its own division?

When we won it in 05, there was the belief we would simply have a better team (on paper) than any team in our division from some time to come. We would make the playoffs regularly over these division pissants then take our chances in the postseason.

Now we do not match up with Cleveland, KC plays OK against us and Minnie is so much better than us it's not even worth discussing. We used to beat Detroit like a drum no longer.

How important is it to have a team on paper that is built to compete with teams in the division?

We regularly get our asses handed to us by division foes.

Problem is that the Twins look to be very strong for the next 3 seasons or so, and the Tigers have a pretty great strong core as well with Cabrera and Verlander. The talent gap from the Twins to the White Sox hasn't been greater in decades.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
so long, 2010

out with the old, in with the new.

haha more like out with the old and in with the older we dont have anyone who can legitimately play at this level right now we will just bring griffey out of retirement and while kenny is at it hell the big hurt is sitting right in his lap why not call on his services....this team is pathetic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Unless a member of the coaching staff gets gets charged with actual murder there is no way anyone is getting fired.

And even then, who knows? You know how people love a good "reclamation" project.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
It doesn't even occur to you to blame ... uh, Santos?

Is there anything humanly possibly that Ozzie could do that you might consider criticizing him at some point? Anything?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
Is there anything humanly possibly that Ozzie could do that you might consider criticizing him at some point? Anything?

His ringtone is probably "Don't Stop Believin'"

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 02:27 AM)

Well, he's contributed to making the Sox one of the 5 worst franchises in baseball...so I guess not.

Problem is that the Twins look to be very strong for the next 3 seasons or so, and the Tigers have a pretty great strong core as well with Cabrera and Verlander. The talent gap from the Twins to the White Sox hasn't been greater in decades.

Well we are f***ed then.

Because our great starting rotation apparently is not great.

Danks/Floyd may just be "useful" guys. Mark apparently is on the severe decline and Jake?? WTF is Jake. Bobby ain't getting any younger. Rest of the bullpen besides Cy Young are rag arms.

Man we got troubles. And that's just pitching.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
i'll take the OR....gotta be better than the other two options

So...you'd use Thornton in a game where you're down 4-1 and there's 2 men already on, and it's the 7th inning?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 03:28 AM)
You pull pitchers after 0 outs, 0 runs, and 2 hits?

Who did you want? Linebrink or Williams?

I'm happy he left him in...overcoming adversity is good for Santos right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
Danks/Floyd may just be "useful" guys. Mark apparently is on the severe decline and Jake?? WTF is Jake. Bobby ain't getting any younger. Rest of the bullpen besides Cy Young are rag arms.

Man we got troubles. And that's just pitching.

Danks is the real deal i believe that but Floyd has me second guessing him lately

Jenks idk what to say about this dude any more

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 02:32 AM)
Danks is the real deal i believe that but Floyd has me second guessing him lately

Jenks idk what to say about this dude any more

Danks is a strong #3 starter, but I still think he has a far ways to go with regards to his mechanics in order to reach his potential.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
So...you'd use Thornton in a game where you're down 4-1 and there's 2 men already on, and it's the 7th inning?

ha ha i guess i should have put it in green (trying to be sarcastic) my bad

at this point in the game it's more like who cares, either of the two would let both men score....

Edited by beckham15

BTW, Alex Rios has been the lone bright spot this year but he alligator armed that Peralta shot off the wall, although I am glad he did rather than risk a broken wrist or arm because despite what Hawk thinks this team is going no where

You are playing an awful Cleveland team at home facing a guy who is 0-5 with an ERA of 6.00 and have Danks on the mound. Not only are you losing, you are getting blown out. This team sucks. No action from the front office speaks volumes. No one can convince me they have done anything but give up. Its worse than a white flag.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
You are playing an awful Cleveland team at home facing a guy who is 0-5 with an ERA of 6.00 and have Danks on the mound. Not only are you losing, you are getting blown out. This team sucks. No action from the front office speaks volumes. No one can convince me they have done anything but give up. Its worse than a white flag.

We routinely get embarrassed by pitchers with 6+ ERAs. It's not even a joke anymore. There is nothing this team could do that would prompt changes. It's like a sick f***ing joke on White Sox fans.

Don't want to sabotage the thread, but I'm worried about the Hawks entering Game Five. Philly will have all the mo-jo.

As far as Danks, I fear Fathom may be right that he's a No. 3 guy.

Peavy?? WTF.